Four All-Stars for the Orioles

Pickles

All 4 of them have to be elated....but especially Cano and Bautista.  Both are foreign-born players that were essentially given away by their prior teams, overcame the odds, and are in the conversation for top relievers in the game.

• Upvote 1

I hadn’t heard.  That’s very exciting.  I’m really thrilled for all of them, all first-time all-stars.  I expected Adley and Felix, but wasn’t sure Austin and Yennier would get the nod.  They’re all very deserving all stars.  Can’t wait to watch the game now!

• Upvote 3

This puts a smile on my face. The comradery in that video especially makes me smile.

Thank goodness for players & coaches voting. The players know baseball and they know their peers. Fans tend to just vote for names, and the fans left 3 of those guys too far down the list. Player voting came through.

Love that video.  All first-time all stars with 3, 1, 1, and 0 years of service time going into 2023.   We’re paying our four all stars about $5.5 mm collectively.  The great thing is, you know all four deserve to be all stars, because the O’s were only required to have one representative.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Love that video.  All first-time all stars with 3, 1, 1, and 0 years of service time going into 2023.   We’re paying our four all stars about $5.5 mm collectively.  The great thing is, you know all four deserve to be all stars, because the O’s were only required to have one representative.  

Great video.

It also shows how in shape these guys are.  Monsters.

Almost makes me miss Mr Splash and his nonsense about spare tires.

• Upvote 1

On 7/2/2023 at 9:09 PM, Pickles said:

I'm surprised there isn't another thread.  Perhaps it's been discussed elsewhere.

The O's are sending four guys to the All-Star game this year: Rutschman, Bautista, Cano, and Hays.

Congrats to them all, especially Hays, who I thought was the least likeliest to be selected.

There was a lot of genuine happiness in there. The players and coaches know they are all in this together. Individual accolades reflect on the entire team. As a footnote, it looks like Hyde is well-liked by the players and vice-versa.

On 7/3/2023 at 10:19 AM, Can_of_corn said:

Great video.

It also shows how in shape these guys are.  Monsters.

Almost makes me miss Mr Splash and his nonsense about spare tires.

A few could be playing linebacker next door.