Update on the lease negotiations

Going Underground

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

OPACY cost 110M in 1989.

Adjusted for inflation that is ~270M.

How is more than twice the adjusted cost of construction needed for renovations to a functional structure?  

I wish they'd call his bluff.  MLB won't let him turn down 600M.

The Braves and the Rangers got two new mallparks since we got ours. Why do they get way more taxpayer money than us? It's just not fair!  One of these days the Angeloses will finally catch a break.

• Haha 2

Love how when they ask the Governor what is going on with the lease and all ,no comment. Always no comment and joint statements with Johnny. It us taxpayer money and the Governor should be looking out for the citizens. Heard little Johnny got upset when the treasurer and two Stadium Authority actually asked how are the lease negotiations going. The audacity of these people to ask questions on National PIe Crust Day.

Mysterious poll seeks feedback about Camden Yards revitalization project - The Baltimore Banner
https://www.thebaltimorebanner.com/politics-power/local-government/camden-crossing-yards-revitalization-NAFYYCI6CFFXFLPKZNNUW6TP3A/

3 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

The Braves and the Rangers got two new mallparks since we got ours. Why do they get way more taxpayer money than us? It's just not fair!  One of these days the Angeloses will finally catch a break.

But the Orioles will get the most public money for any baseball stadium ever besides Yankee Stadium. Braves and Rangers had more private money put in by the team and other entities 

9 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

600M isn’t good enough. He needs more. 

Translation: he wants to steal more money from all of us to give to himself, developers and politicians.

Yup, why be content with being the owner of a championship team when you could be that AND landlord of a Ben & Jerry's?

Everything is adversarial and litigious with that family because everything is based in greed.  They'll do whatever it takes to steal the maximum amount of money possible from the tax payers.  Consider that clown would rather spend money on a propaganda minister and lobbyists than professional baseball players.  I so very much hate all of them.

What is ‘Camden Crossing’? Mysterious survey asks about a Camden Yards revitalization effort

A public opinion poll making the rounds among Marylanders this week is gauging how people feel about a plan to revitalize Camden Yards, M&T Bank Stadium and the surrounding neighborhoods.

“Camden Crossing,” according to the poll, could complement public-funded upgrades at the two sports parks with additional investment from the Baltimore Orioles into a “public-private partnership.” That investment would aim to create new economic opportunities in the area with housing, hotels, shops, office space and health and education services, the poll says. It asks respondents how familiar they were with the revitalization plan.

Where exactly would Camden Crossing — also the name of a group of townhomes located to the west of the stadium — be located? The poll doesn’t say, and Orioles CEO and managing partner John Angelos declined a request to comment Tuesday about the poll. But a source familiar with the proposal, who asked not to be identified by name because they are not authorized to speak publicly about the potential redevelopment, said the project would likely encompass the existing Camden Yards campus and dozens of acres around the stadium and adjacent to it.

1 minute ago, Going Underground said:

From the Baltimore Sun:

In terms of public funding for MLB venues, the US$600 million for the Orioles marks the second largest investment ever, eclipsed only by what the New York Yankees received from local authorities for the construction of their new Yankee Stadium in 2009.Apr 13, 2022

And it's for renovations of a functional existing structure that the State has paid to upgrade since its opening.

How much will the 600M cost be by the time it is paid off?