Tejada is back and killing us again!

melankfo

Tejada has never been a 0-60 in 2 seconds guy, if you know what I mean. He's got okay running speed once he gets up to speed, but he's not that fast of an accelerator.

Maybe he could be a faster accelerator if he tried running before he got to 1B. He looks like he just jogs (or trots) to 1B. Then, if the ball happens to drop in, he has no problem accelerating on his way to 2B. I know that a lot of the balls he doesn't run out are "sure outs", but making the defense rush is never a bad thing.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, how about we just make things up out of whole cloth.

He didn't call off Gomez. Gomez couldn't get the ball because it took a low skip bounce just as it got to him.

He didn't loaf on the DP. The Sox station showed a replay of Tejada out of the box and he ran hard from the get go.

I'm not going to hit you with negative rep this time, but making stuff up and acting like it is fact isn't going to win you any points on this board.

Thanks for replying to this nonsense. We have enough problems with people taking things out of context, exagerrating, posting rumors as fact, etc, to let people get away with out and out lies.

Oh, good grief. PLEASE try to post something that resembles evidence if you're going to make sweeping proclamations like this. PLEASE

It may be time to distance myself from this place for a bit. The inmates are running the asylum again.

It may be time to distance myself from this place for a bit.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

You need to understand this is a message board and folks like FruitLoopKid and Eli Eon can make posts that aren't backed by stats and aren't the same views as yours. Its their opinion which is completely allowed here and anywhere else for that matter.

Tejada has beenm brilliant defensively since he came back.

I didn't see his error but i was listening to it on the radio and Angel and Manfra made it sound like it was Gomez's fault.

I watched it and its impossible to say who's fault it is unless we know what the communication was btwn Gomez and Miggy.

Gomez should have kept going after the ball even though I'm not 100% sure he would have gotten to it but I think he could have.

If Miggy called him off then its Miggy's fault, if not, its Gomez fault. I guess you could argue that the SS is the field general and should have taken charge telling Gomez to make the play.

I watched it and its impossible to say who's fault it is.

Gomez should have kept going after the ball even though I'm not 100% sure he would have gotten to it but I think he could have.

If Miggy called him off then its Miggy's fault, if not, its Gomez fault. I guess you could argue that the SS is the field general and should have taken charge telling Gomez to make the play.

It was just one of those plays. One of those balls that's in a tight spot, where two guys converge on it quickly. Each one thinks they have a better shot, but no one really has a good spot. It wasn't some defensive catastrophe, and it's not an isolated example of defensive futility for either man. It's just a tough play that potentially could have been made but wasn't.

You need to understand this is a message board and folks like FruitLoopKid and Eli Eon can make posts that aren't backed by stats and aren't the same views as yours. Its their opinion which is completely allowed here and anywhere else for that matter.

As I said before, I value any and all opinions. But when they aren't backed by any sense of reality, then I'm going to call you out on it. I have stats and common sense backing up what I have to say, and I expect the same of others. You cannot spout off nonsense and claim it as fact.

Bottom line: When you have a reactionary post such as this with no statistical backing whatsoever, prepare to be roasted for it. And deservedly so.

As I said before, I value any and all opinions. But when they aren't backed by any sense of reality, then I'm going to call you out on it. I have stats and common sense backing up what I have to say, and I expect the same of others. You cannot spout off nonsense and claim it as fact.

Bottom line: When you have a reactionary post such as this with no statistical backing whatsoever, prepare to be roasted for it. And deservedly so.

Indeed. Not all opinions are created equal.

Indeed. Not all opinions are created equal.

And opinions should never be presented as fact, either. That's probably one of the main sources of contention on any open forum, really. Opinions are expected and welcome, but not when they aren't presented as opinion.

Can someone describe the play that resulted in the error? I wasn't watching at the time. However, when I got in my car (in about the 6th inning) the announers were discussing some other defensive play by Tejada that they had described as outstanding (maybe starting a tough DP, but I'm not sure).

And opinions should never be presented as fact, either. That's probably one of the main sources of contention on any open forum, really. Opinions are expected and welcome, but not when they aren't presented as opinion.

People don't need to be overly deferential, but it's simply unacceptable to heatedly post something that's completely unsupported by logic or fact. As others said, you should expect to be roasted for that.

Also, opinions that are directly refuted by facts aren't given too much respect around here either. Especially when they are repeated constantly over and over and over.

Can someone describe the play that resulted in the error? I wasn't watching at the time. However, when I got in my car (in about the 6th inning) the announers were discussing some other defensive play by Tejada that they had described as outstanding (maybe starting a tough DP, but I'm not sure).

The ball was a chopping grounder btwn Gomez and Miggy...

Goemz was moving towards his left to cut off the ball and I think he could have gotten to it...

At the last second he got out of the way and let Miggy, who had moved to his right, field the ball and make the play...

Miggy had to rush the throw and since his mometum wasn't taking him towards 1st he wasn't able to really fire it the way he can...

The ball was thrown in the dirt to Millar's right I believe and bounced off the wall stands for an error...

It would have been a tough play for Millar to block the ball...

All in all it was just a tough play that Gomez should have kept going for but if Miggy called him off then not sure you can blame Gomez.

Archived