Mullins to miss a lot of time?

Sports Guy

25 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

May have to go after Bellinger.

Plays a high level defense and offense is back.

I think he needs to be a target if we are talking a while for Mullins.

Houston has been connected to him.

That’s probably who I would be checking in on if I’m Elias. As the say “$#|+ just got real” 

5 minutes ago, vab said:

They can get by at CF without Mullins - bullpen help is far more critical. 

First of all, you can do both.

Secondly, I wouldn’t poo poo the CF issue right now. Defensively, it’s a disaster. We can’t keep dealing with that, especially with a flyball staff.

Now, if it’s short term, it’s fine but all indications seem to be that Mullins is out for at least another month and, perhaps more importantly, he has an injury that could come back again and not having a real CF option in the playoffs is a real problem.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

May have to go after Bellinger.

Plays a high level defense and offense is back.

I think he needs to be a target if we are talking a while for Mullins.

Houston has been connected to him.

I'd be very happy to pick up Bellinger.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, vab said:

They can get by at CF without Mullins - bullpen help is far more critical. 

Agreed. I still want an outfielder if Mullins is going to be out for an extended stretch, but the Orioles do have depth in the outfield even if it's largely inexperienced.

What the Orioles don't have is another plus bullpen arm that can compliment Cano/Bautista in the sixth/seventh inning.

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s

Hicks has had an issue with staying on the field the last few years so I think I would look to add some more experienced depth at center as an option in case he gets injured again.  You could probably get Randall Girchuk for very little as more of a salary dump for the Rockies.  Maybe expand the deal to Gurchik and Brent Suter who would give us a nice left handed pitcher out of pen.

42 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Here’s where Cowser gets his chance to play fairly regularly.  Mullins being out weakens the team in the short run but may benefit us by getting Cowser some experience.  

I think it also gives Cowser some breathing room. He should be able to play most days and not look over his shoulder.