Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

1 minute ago, CallMeBrooksie said:

He's a good pitcher who has been very good at times across multiple seasons. Still young with team control left. Possibly hasn't hit his ceiling yet. Can conceivably be a 1 or a 2 in most rotations.

He'd be a bigtime upgrade to our staff.

I'm not sure what you're looking for here, but there's nobody available that we know of with more surplus value than Cease. It's going to take a lot to get him if that's the direction Elias chooses. The price would hurt, but we should all be happy with the quality of pitcher he is.

Sure I can agree with this, but the White Sox are likely overvaluing considerably and that’s a big problem. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Don't forget, though... it's kind of stupid because you can literally take a dump on Fisherman's Wharf while shooting heroin while tweaking on meth and nobody really gives a ****. 

But yeah, get your permit, Mr. Musk.

I saw a video of that obnoxious X, they had it strobing and flashing at night... right across the street from a residential apartment building.  Elon was not making friends with that sign. 

26 minutes ago, Alasdaire said:

Fair question.

Honestly, yes. Cease doesn't step into this rotation and automatically shut things down. He is league average this year. So you're doing it for the stability he brings and his long-term value. But there are questions about him over the long term.

Most importantly, the O's only have one or two trades like this in them. And the capital it would cost to acquire a player like this now means you don't have that same capital available if a better opportunity presents itself this winter.

All fair points. I guess we shall now that this Verlander domino has fallen.

13 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Except they aren’t.

It’s a tough call.

If Basallo can stay at C, he can be a DH/1B/back up C for you. If he can’t stay at C, you likely don’t keep him, Mayo and Kjerstad.

Cowser doesn’t have anyone in his way but the team drafts college OFers like crazy, so they have depth…maybe you take advantage of high value for Cowser right now?

I haven't seen anyone that says Basallo couldn't be a back-up catcher.  Rotating him and Adley between catcher and DH would be pretty crazy.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Don't forget, though... it's kind of stupid because you can literally take a dump on Fisherman's Wharf while shooting heroin while tweaking on meth and nobody really gives a ****. 

But yeah, get your permit, Mr. Musk.

Don't care one way or the other, but did you see that sign?  It featured flashing strobes and a "tweet" sound every time it lit up.  

It's hilarious that the Mets extracted a top 100 prospect from the Rangers by shipping them Scherzer and then another top 100 from the Astros for Verlander.

Basically both teams just stayed on par with each other but lost a quality prospect in the process...

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Fan4Life said:

This guy isn't much of an upgrade... 

image.png.f17a68ea00984ce55111c6425d170aec.png

I hate to tell you, but there aren't that many pitcher who average 6+ innings these days and even fewer who do it with the peripherals that Cease does. Also, you made me defend a White Sox player and now I'm super salty. 

• Haha 1