The Free Kevin Brown episode. World Champ Houston Astros in town

Gurgi

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I mean, it wasn’t that great of a catch but it does show you that he is such an amazing athlete.

I thought he made it look easier than it was.  Not much time to get out there and it was hit pretty hard at a fairly low (for that depth) launch angle.  Expected BA on that ball was .620.

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Regardless of helping Orioles playing CF will be crucial for Mateo’s career. 

IF he proves he can field in center.  He will be given lots of chances by either the Orioles or other teams.  He does have skills just wish he could hit consistantly

9 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I missed the game Sunday and the first inning or so today. Have we seen Mateo been tested in CF?

He's looked very relaxed and fluid out there. One good catch in CF calling off Hays and then the fantastic HR-robbing catch. O's seems to have initiated yet another successful experiment.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Hallas said:

I thought he made it look easier than it was.  Not much time to get out there and it was hit pretty hard at a fairly low (for that depth) launch angle.  Expected BA on that ball was .620.

That stat is bs.

It was just a hard hit ball and that’s all that stat means. It has nothing  to do with the placement of the ball, where the fielder are, etc(see the ball Bregman just caught)….he got there in plenty of time and just had to jump a little. I would expect any OFer to make that catch.

Now of course he hasn’t played OF much in the last few years, so it’s more impressive and shows why he’s such a great athlete but the catch itself wasn’t that special.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Alasdaire said:

If Mateo is the best SS and CF on the roster in addition to being the fastest player, he's pretty indispensable whether people like it or not. If Mullins/Hicks were healthy and Ortiz on the roster it would be a different story, but they're not.

Mullins will be here in a day or 2.