Sunday 8/13/23 Game 3 @ Seattle

Goober Noodles

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

So you would be happier if he had had a clean 3rd, then given up a run this inning when it isn't a "give-back" run?

It would still be 1-1.  

I mean, I root for our pitcher to have a shutout inning every inning.   But we are facing MLB hitters, on a potential playoff team.   They are going to score once in a while.  If it happens to come the inning after we scored, it isn't any worse.

You’re right.  And yet, it still pisses me off when it happens.

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Did you get tested for Covid?

It's really making the rounds around here again.

Yes, after 5 days I finally broke down and went to urgent care.   Tested negative for Covid and strep.   So it was truly just a bad cold.   They usually don't take so long to go away.

Started coming on last Saturday.   I went to the O's game anyway because I already had tickets.  Was really bad Sun/Mon/Tue, took Mon & Tue off work.  Went to work all day Wednesday, it wiped me out and the sore throat and congestion came back as bad as ever Wednesday night so I went to urgent care Thursday, figured it was time to see if it was really just a cold.   And it was.

Worked Friday, went out for lunch and a few beers with a friend from Tampa who was in DC on business yesterday afternoon (but was pretty worn out and didn't bother with dinner once home last nigh t).   Feel the best today than I have in our a week.

Edited by SteveA
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Yes, after 5 days I finally broke down and went to urgent care.   Tested negative for Covid and strep.   So it was truly just a bad cold.   They usually don't take so long to go away.

Started coming on last Saturday.   I went to the O's game anyway because I already had tickets.  Was really bad Sun/Mon/Tue, took Mon & Tue off work.  Went to work all day Wednesday, it wiped me out and the sore throat and congestion came back as bad as ever Wednesday night so I went to urgent care Thursday, figured it was time to see if it was really just a cold.   And it was.

Worked Friday, went out for lunch and a few beers with a friend who was in DC on business yesterday (but was pretty worn out and didn't bother with dinner once home last nigh t).   Feel the best today than I have in our a week.

Every since I started using one of these a few years ago (dust allergy) I've not had any cold last more than a few days.

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTinz9B8pNPucBIIpI2

Of course getting my sinus cavity scooped out might be more of a factor.

Just now, Uli2001 said:

He has more RBIs than Santander, who leads the O's.

You do know that has nothing to do with anything, right? Tell us how many chances Suarez has had with RISP and then do the same for Santander if you want to make the argument he's better in that situation. Ah, I'll do it for you. Suarez has had 156 with RISP and Santander 102. .279 for Suarez, .287 for Santander.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Malike said:

You do know that has nothing to do with anything, right? Tell us how many chances Suarez has had with RISP and then do the same for Santander if you want to make the argument he's better in that situation. Ah, I'll do it for you. Suarez has had 156 with RISP and Santander 102. .279 for Suarez, .287 for Santander.

It doesn't matter. He's the best they have. Play the odds with the catcher hitting .226 behind him.