Pick the Orioles win total.

Roll Tide

Pick the Win total   

81 members have voted

1. 1. Orioles Win Total

This poll is closed to new votes

I thought it would be interesting, the team is 73-45 as of this morning a total of 118. That means there are 44 games remaining. The Rays are still 3 games back so the division is still far from a given.

If the teams continues at .619 it will win 100 games. How do you expect it to work out?

Edited by Roll Tide

I voted 98 - 99 Wins because I just think that they'll come a few games short of 100 due to either losing games they shouldn't lose or depending on what happens with the division, if they continue to play well and build a bigger lead, they may rest guys more frequently or completely at the end of the year. 100 Wins would be awesome but I don't think that's on the minds of Hyde and/or Elias. 

I don't completely subscribe to the strength of schedule as a tool to forecast the next 44 games but between the division, the O's on paper have the easiest remaining schedule:

Remaining SOS Rank, Opponent's Winning % and Games Remaining:

3. Boston .536 44

6. Tampa .520 42

9. Jankees .507 44

20. Toronto .494 42

26. O's .480 44

I think it's VERY possible that the O's can get through:

3 @ Padres 

3 @ A's 

3 vs. Jays 

3 vs. ChiSox 

3 @ DBacks 

3 @ Angels 

3 @ Boston 

3 vs. Cards 

4 vs. Tampa 

3 @ 'Stros 

4 @ Guards 

2 vs. Gnats 

4 vs. Boston 

25 - 19, which for this stretch would be a success in my opinion and probably will be enough to keep hold of the division. 

Playing .500 baseball the rest of the way gets them to 95 wins, which would be incredible considering that just two years back they lost 110 games.

The Tampa situation with Wander Franco is really tough. If true, it ruins his career/life. As much as I want the O's to win the division, I would prefer that it isn't because Tampa is without their best players and they're already without McClanahan for the remainder of the season (and might lost him for next year if he goes TJ). 

For the O's, these next two series might show us how close they can get to the 100 Wins this year. 2 - 1 vs. Seattle (who I feel the O's always struggle with at their place) is a great start but if they can somehow come away with 5+ wins against SD and Oakland (who I swear the O's also struggle with at their place) they'd sit at 78 wins coming home for 3 against the Jays with 38 left to play. 

I expect the Jays to go on a run as their schedule loosens for them similarly to the O's. I wouldn't be surprised to see them overtake Tampa and be the O's strongest competition for the division. 

I've got them finishing with 98 Wins, which is ten better than I predicted going into the season. 

Im an optimist today, chose 102-103. I think the relative opponent strength and the thrill of chasing a division title will light a fire and keep them playing well. It hurts knowing that the SP is still a big question mark, but this team continues to surprise me. 

I went 96-97 because despite them having the best record in the AL up to this point, I can't believe they're as good as they're showing. In the preseasopn poll, I think I picked between 75-79 wins. I thought they would regress. Other than younger players getting older/better, I didn't think they added anything of value during the offseason.

I'm glad to have been wrong about that and hopefully wrong about this.

28 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

I gave them at 94 or 95 wins. Really good chance of winning the East. Tampa with pitching issues and just putting probably their best player on the restricted list will really hurt them.

Keep in mind that ending at 95 wins means going 22-22 over these last 44 games. 

Considering how well the O's played in the "gauntlet of doom" stretches earlier in the season, where they faced almost no one with a sub-.500 record for nearly month-long stretches of time...  

Going .500 over these last 44 games, that feature series with the likes of the A's, Natinals, the collapsing D-Backs, Rockies, and White Sox would feel like a quasi-collapse on its own.  Not saying that it wouldn't be possible, but it would most likely mean that our pitching imploded, which would be bad news going into the post season. 

2 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

Keep in mind that ending at 95 wins means going 22-22 over these last 44 games. 

Considering how well the O's played in the "gauntlet of doom" stretches earlier in the season, where they faced almost no one with a sub-.500 record for nearly month-long stretches of time...  

Going .500 over these last 44 games, that feature series with the likes of the A's, Natinals, the collapsing D-Backs, Rockies, and White Sox would feel like a quasi-collapse on its own.  Not saying that it wouldn't be possible, but it would most likely mean that our pitching imploded, which would be bad news going into the post season. 

I don’t think people realize how good our record is right now or how soft the remaining schedule is. It would almost be a disappointment not to end with 100 wins given where we are now. Almost. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

I never thought this year's Rays would lose 10 in a row and it happened.

Lost 7 in a row to start July. 2 Against the Ms, 3 against the Philly's and 2 against the Braves before winning the last one heading into the AS break.  8-16 for the month