Blue Jays Series - Part 4 (O’s lead 8-2)

RavensNOsGuy

Toronto is a good team and will stick around, even if they leave town down 9.5.  I know there are only 34 games left, but I worry about the longevity of this team.  Knock on wood, we haven't had any significant injuries, but guys have been tired, banged up, and sore, and this is the home stretch coming up.  This is where depth comes into play and getting guys their proper rest while not sacrificing too much in the line up.  Guys like McCann, Ohearn, Westburg, Frazier, and Urias, aren't playing every day, but they play enough to give others breaks and they have all performed well enough not to water down the offense. My only question is, will Mateo be in the line up tomorrow?

Lefties hit Berrios much better than RH (.766 vs .607 OPS)

I'd expect Santander at DH with O'Hearn in the OF and Frazier at 2B as Hyde probably keeps Mountcastle's bat at 1B.

19 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

They could call him up if they put Flaherty on the IL, no?

I guess but Gibson will be on a good amount of rest.   I think if Flaherty does go on the IL, they'll bring up someone for the pen and have a 5 man rotation again for a bit.

16 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

Toronto is a good team and will stick around, even if they leave town down 9.5.  I know there are only 34 games left, but I worry about the longevity of this team.  Knock on wood, we haven't had any significant injuries, but guys have been tired, banged up, and sore, and this is the home stretch coming up.  This is where depth comes into play and getting guys their proper rest while not sacrificing too much in the line up.  Guys like McCann, Ohearn, Westburg, Frazier, and Urias, aren't playing every day, but they play enough to give others breaks and they have all performed well enough not to water down the offense. My only question is, will Mateo be in the line up tomorrow?

Lefties hit Berrios much better than RH (.766 vs .607 OPS)

I'd expect Santander at DH with O'Hearn in the OF and Frazier at 2B as Hyde probably keeps Mountcastle's bat at 1B.

Agree, ,we should load up the lefties.   But it might depend on whether Frazier's thumb feels better or not.

21 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

Toronto is a good team and will stick around, even if they leave town down 9.5.  I know there are only 34 games left, but I worry about the longevity of this team.

36 games left for us (35 for Toronto), but who’s counting?   

Sure, Toronto is a good team, notwithstanding the fact that we’ve beaten them 9 out of 12.  They’re on pace to win 89 games.  The Orioles would have to finish 11-25 to win that few.  Even if Toronto plays better down the stretch than they have to date, the O’s would have to be horrible down the stretch for them to catch us.  

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

SO CLOSE to a sweep.   Gunnar's ball down the left field line in the 9th Tuesday falls a foot to the right of where it did and we have a sweep.

Orioles did their job the Jays are 9.5 games now and it's going to be very difficult to overcome that with 34 games left.

The sweep would have been nice, but they didn't let the Jays gain any momentum and their only real chance at the playoffs is the wildcard now.

I was very anxious about this series...because we were going to face three really dominant pitchers...but whats really remarkable is that for the want of a base hit in Game 1...and in some ways because of a brilliant defensive play by Bichette..we could easily have SWEPT this series. I know there's some "If's" in there, but we really battled and got to all three great pitchers...it reminded me a lot of the Seattle series on the road....Im super proud of our guys,..but there's still Tampa breathing down our collective necks...and we cant let down vs Colorado...

• Upvote 1