Saturday, August 26: Felix Bautista Bobblehead Day

SteveA

Just now, Aristotelian said:

Do we have any reason to believe Colorado asked for a second check or was it the umps acting on their own?

That's what I'm wondering Black could have even mentioned to the umpires before the game like, "I think Cano might be doing something to the ball maybe you should check him extra carefully if he pitches".

3 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

That's what I'm wondering Black could have even mentioned to the umpires before the game like, "I think Cano might be doing something to the ball maybe you should check him extra carefully if he pitches".

This is Phil Cuzzi’s crew. He’s notorious for foreign substance violations. He was working 2B tonight. I think he’s tossed three guys for them including Scherzer earlier this year.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Alasdaire said:

Yes because there are a ton of 24 year old lefties who touch 100 with multiple secondaries who also don't have control issues and are available.

I’d rather have someone who doesn’t have control issues coming out of the pen no matter how hard he throws, Al. 

I mean, you kind of argued against yourself by bringing up Fuji. That guy is liable to throw gas on a situation because he has poor command. And yet you compared him to Hall? That’s not a ringing endorsement. 

But multiple secondaries though! Exciting!

11 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I’d rather have someone who doesn’t have control issues coming out of the pen no matter how hard he throws, Al. 

I mean, you kind of argued against yourself by bringing up Fuji. That guy is liable to throw gas on a situation because he has poor command. And yet you compared him to Hall? That’s not a ringing endorsement. 

But multiple secondaries though! Exciting!

I don't think we disagree on much here. I recognize the faults in DL, and it's fair to mention that I didn't point them out. And I've been critical of Fuji from his very first pitch as an Oriole when he telegraphed a meatball to Siri in Tampa.

My point was just that I think some people were so laser focused on criticizing the front office for not having acquired a reliever from outside of the organization that they overlooked the options we have internally. If Elias had traded for a guy with DL's profile, people probably would have been excited. Maybe you wouldn't have if you would have preferred a more reliable reliever, but people have been tripping over themselves to praise Fuji since the day he was acquired, and DL is more talented than that.

DL surprised a bit with his velo tonight, so hopefully he surprises with the command going forward too.