Friday, September 1st @Arizona Diamondbacks

Moose Milligan

Just now, Aristotelian said:

Most guys don't throw him out coming in from the outfield. To throw him out on a ball going back is incredible 

Agreed. Interesting to compare that play to the one against the Rockies. No harm in giving it your best shot tonight, but not the same risk/reward in the other game.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Native American’s don’t have anything better than talking stick? They have beautiful languages, that’s the best they could do?

I'm sure it's much more eloquent in the native language, translations are often dumb sounding.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Agreed. I will be interested to see where this one shows up on Savant. 

Tough to gauge by Savant because it was not a difficult catch, it was the double play that really made it special and Savant doesn't have too much data there.

Savant has this one with an xBA of .150, so 85% catch probability.  I poked around for typical sac fly distances, and this ball was right on the edge in terms of minimum distance for a SF.  But the fact that it's Carroll running, and Gunnar was running away from the play, it had to be a perfect throw to get him and he literally put it so Adley's glove was touching Carroll's foot as he caught it.  He puts the throw anywhere else and Carroll's safe.

Edited by Hallas
  • Upvote 2