Rays series

Sports Guy

44 minutes ago, Malike said:

I think the Orioles are more concerned about St. Louis right now than they are Tampa, unlike many people in this thread.

A win tonight is important.  I’d much rather start that series with a 3 game lead than a two game lead (and negative monentum).  

25 minutes ago, Frobby said:

A win tonight is important.  I’d much rather start that series with a 3 game lead than a two game lead (and negative monentum).  

Me too, and I have my concerns about the pitching match-up for Friday night's game. I don't understand the decision to start Flaherty in that huge sold out game, but I will be cheering for the man to succeed.

1 minute ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Me too, and I have my concerns about the pitching match-up for Friday night's game. I don't understand the decision to start Flaherty in that huge sold out game, but I will be cheering for the man to succeed.

On the bright side, he's due for a good outing.

2 hours ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

That ones a head scratcher for sure. I’m tempted to say we can write that one off and try and win the other 3 at least, but crazier things have happened. Flaherty was a good pitcher at one point in his career. But yea, why choose the sold out crowd for an almost definite loss? 

SG talking about Adley in the Leadoff spot in the game thread. 

With 4 straight vs RHP I wouldn’t mind Cedric back at the top. Rays have 2 lefty relievers. 

Cedric

Adley 

Santander

Gunnar 

Hays 

O’Hearn 

Hicks 

Frazier/Westburg/Urias mix of 8/9 

Kjerstad makes sense vs TB with their RHP. If he plays DH he would play over Hicks  

Have Hays 5th so to split up Gunnar and him vs LHP. 

Edited by eddie83

14 minutes ago, oriole said:

That ones a head scratcher for sure. I’m tempted to say we can write that one off and try and win the other 3 at least, but crazier things have happened. Flaherty was a good pitcher at one point in his career. But yea, why choose the sold out crowd for an almost definite loss? 

JA wouldn't want too big of an increase in revenue.  He might have to spend some of it on payroll.

We need Adley to start stepping up.

He has hit 6 homers in the second half. That is in over 200 at bats and in his last 80 PA, he has 2 doubles.

I know  everyone here wants to continuously give him a pass but it’s time for him to step up. The OBP is all well and good but his slugging hasn’t been over 430 in a month and 420 slugging is just not acceptable for a player that should be doing more than that.

We need him in this series and I think they need to lower him in the lineup and get him in a driving the ball mindset. It’s time for him to start stepping up. This has been the Gunnar and Santander show for much of the last few months. Adley needs to join the party other than walks and singles.

• Upvote 1

Of all the times to go into a mini hitting slump, right before the Tampa series.  Still 3 up in Loss column which means if Tampa wins   2 of the 4 this weekend, we will still be 3 up, and even if they win 3 of 4, we will be  ahead of them by 1 game in Loss column.  The only way they pass us  this weekend is for them to Sweep.  We are going to have to win the division because Tampa  looks like they will not  lose it.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

We need Adley to start stepping up.

He has hit 6 homers in the second half. That is in over 200 at bats and in his last 80 PA, he has 2 doubles.

I know  everyone here wants to continuously give him a pass but it’s time for him to step up. The OBP is all well and good but his slugging hasn’t been over 430 in a month and 420 slugging is just not acceptable for a player that should be doing more than that.

We need him in this series and I think they need to lower him in the lineup and get him in a driving the ball mindset. It’s time for him to start stepping up. This has been the Gunnar and Santander show for much of the last few months. Adley needs to join the party other than walks and singles.

This 100%.  Also the benefit of being in the top of the lineup is more at bats.  They are not warranted right now and AR may be better served to bat 4th especially with Mountcastle potentially out.  

I would go

Mullins, Gunnar SS, Santander (DH), Adley, O’Hearn, Hays, Hicks (RF), Westburg, Frazier/Urias