Rays series

Sports Guy

3 minutes ago, banks703 said:

All is right in the universe. 

This magical win gives them a chance to hold the division. Without it, I don’t think they could have held off Tampa. They at least have a chance now. 

They are up two games in the standings, three in the loss column and four with the tie-breaker between them and the Rays. 

Very kind of you to give a team with essentially a three game lead with 13 to play ‘at least a chance’. LOL. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hallas said:

This was a legit an Orioles Magic game.  We had so much crap go wrong from the 8th inning on and pulled a win out of our rear ends.  Unbelievable.

Absolutely Orioles Magic. Three times in the 9th or later we had a big hit to either tie or win the game. Two times when down to our last out, and once down to our last strike. What a win!!!

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Very kind of you to give a team with essentially a three game lead with 13 to play ‘at least a chance’. LOL. 

The schedules for both teams over the next week lean heavily in the Rays’ favor.

The Rays are off tomorrow but then will probably sweep the Angels for three at at home before getting the Jays (also at home) for three and another off-day.

The O’s go to Houston for three then to Cleveland for four…while being in the middle of a 20 games in 20 days part of their schedule.

The Rays have three days off between now and the end of the season, two of which they benefit in the next seven days.

So, yes. They needed today’s win to have a chance at holding off Tampa. Expect Tampa to respond to today’s loss accordingly. 

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I was there today with my wife.  She’s 9-0 at OPACY this year.  What a thrilling win.  And the place was rocking from the 8th inning on.  That call at home plate really got the crowd riled up, until it was overturned.  

That call at the plate created a huge momentum shift imo.  I posted that we now needed to walk it off!  Glad you both got to see it!

32 minutes ago, banks703 said:

The schedules for both teams over the next week lean heavily in the Rays’ favor.

The Rays are off tomorrow but then will probably sweep the Angels for three at at home before getting the Jays (also at home) for three and another off-day.

The O’s go to Houston for three then to Cleveland for four…while being in the middle of a 20 games in 20 days part of their schedule.

The Rays have three days off between now and the end of the season, two of which they benefit in the next seven days.

So, yes. They needed today’s win to have a chance at holding off Tampa. Expect Tampa to respond to today’s loss accordingly. 

Schedule still favors the Orioles overall. Rays play Toronto, fighting for a playoff spot, six times. The Orioles play Houston under the same circumstance three times. Even if they lost today, I would still have liked their chances, with the tiebreaker and the lead in the loss column.