Cardinals Series.

Malike

54 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

You figure if people say "trap series" enough, it might actually come true. 

Win 2/3 and keep it moving. The O's are a better team and should expect to be up for any and all games remaining.

I never said it but this feels like one to me.

I’m interested in how the team’s energy is tonight.   Long road trip, cross-country travel, two rain-delayed games that took many more hours than scheduled, and then a relatively late flight home (compared to what it would have been if the game had started on time and been played uninterrupted).   These guys have got to be pretty tired.  I wonder if they sent Kremer home a day early to let him rest up.  I don’t remember if they showed him in the dugout on Sunday.  

I think there is one important thing for Hyde and his staff to remember for this series: Do not allow Joey Krehbiel to pitch to Wilson Contreras!!! Not under any circumstances!

*Has flashbacks to Contreras hitting the go winning home run off Krehbiel in the Cubs vs Orioles Camden Yards make-up day game last season in August 2022*

1 hour ago, Malike said:

Yeah, I had to break out the cheaters, and it made me feel old. It's fine, though.

I think it’s because I actually started another thread about the Cards, then saw you’d already started one.  So, I cut and pasted my OP into your thread and deleted my thread.   The cut and paste must have shrunk it somehow, though not on my phone.

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I think it’s because I actually started another thread about the Cards, then saw you’d already started one.  So, I cut and pasted my OP into your thread and deleted my thread.   The cut and paste must have shrunk it somehow, though not on my phone.

Ah, that would make sense. Yours was certainly more informational, I was just trying to get something up before the game began. :)

6 hours ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I actually just paid attention and realized we are getting to face Drew Rom Wednesday. I had always hoped he would pitch for us. But now that he's on the opponent's team, let's rock him.

He's had one decent outing and 3 pretty rough ones. I'm a little surprised they're just running him out there every week but I guess that's the kind of thing the O's did in their tank years.

41 minutes ago, CallMeBrooksie said:

He's had one decent outing and 3 pretty rough ones. I'm a little surprised they're just running him out there every week but I guess that's the kind of thing the O's did in their tank years.

They’re running Wainwright out there with his 8+ ERA.  Not a lot of good alternatives after trading Montgomery and Flaherty at the deadline and with Matz on the injured list.  

Big W last night. Comeback win. Bullpen game basically. Coming back from a west coast trip. We handled business. The Cards have a good lineup. 

Wainright and Rom and about has bad as is gets. 1/2 is doable. Winning both is what this team is capable of. 

Tonight is probably a great game to go to. Means first start and we should hit some bombs. 

38 minutes ago, Frobby said:

They’re running Wainwright out there with his 8+ ERA.  Not a lot of good alternatives after trading Montgomery and Flaherty at the deadline and with Matz on the injured list.  

Well, Waino is on his farewell tour I believe. I guess I'm just not used to seeing the Cards in white-flag mode.

Makes me wonder what they would have done with Wainwright if they had been in contention like they expected to be. They could have moved him to the bullpen, but they would have had to seriously consider cutting him in his final year. Ouch.