Friday, September 22: Orioles face Guardians and Shane Bieber (just off the IL)

SteveA

Just now, allquixotic said:

My guess is we'll have to win out at home to win the division. TB doesn't know the meaning of the word "fatigue". They just keep winning and winning and winning.

Five wins does it. TB is losing today. If this holds up, they will lose at least one more game.

Its funny how Wells takes a ball that he already threw and was popped up and tosses it out of play.  Like it didnt touch the ground.   What can possibly be wrong with it now?   If it has a scuff dont they teach pitchers anymore how to use it to their advantage?  Its really amazing how many balls they throw out.  When did this insanity start?  Seems to me its only in the last 6-8 years.  

• Upvote 1

This is game 15 of 17 in a row without a day off, with a series against TB and a series against HOU nestled nicely in the middle of that, with only 1 day off prior to that and a 15-game stretch prior to that which included a west-coast road trip. 

Just sayin'

Guys desperately need a day off and it's showing. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Its funny how Wells takes a ball that he already threw and was popped up and tosses it out of play.  Like it didnt touch the ground.   What can possibly be wrong with it now?   If it has a scuff dont they teach pitchers anymore how to use it to their advantage?  Its really amazing how many balls they throw out.  When did this insanity start?  Seems to me its only in the last 6-8 years.  

The latest analytics depends on the perfect sphere as calibrated by the finest minds in German engineering. Foul ball? Throw it out!