ALDS First Pitch - game start time

springglen

1 hour ago, Malike said:

Was listening to the post game for the Rangers on the radio. Marcus seems to think they have the advantage as we've been "sitting around for a week, waiting to play baseball" and they are tuned up.

Rangers post game guys put a positive spin on the series for the Rangers? Shocking. 

2 hours ago, Malike said:

Looks like a rain forecast for Sat. We shall see.

I’m bringing two different ponchos and a couple towels on the off chance they try to play through it. If there’s a delay, so much for jockeying with Joel/Nicks crowds. If they postpone and I’ve flown out for nothing and miss the experience altogether? Well, I guess one of the many reasons I moved to Colorado is being really sick of rain and this would just cement that.

Actually have learned a lot about the whole postseason experience so far, as well as the playoff push. I think I’ll do things a lot different the next five years or so when we keep returning to the postseason. 😎

• Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, dystopia said:

Rangers post game guys put a positive spin on the series for the Rangers? Shocking. 

Particularly shocking if it was CJ Nitkowski. /s

He’s as anti-Orioles as it gets, of those I listen to on MLB Network Radio. 

11 hours ago, justD said:

Particularly shocking if it was CJ Nitkowski. /s

He’s as anti-Orioles as it gets, of those I listen to on MLB Network Radio. 

What makes CJ Nitkowski anti-Orioles?

I've always thought of our team as a team that no one really pays attention to.  Yankees haters?  Sure.  Sox haters?  Definitely.  Dodgers?  Absolutely.

But we're not in any of their classes.  We're mostly always bad to mediocre, sometimes we're pretty good.  Therefore, I've never really thought of anyone "hating" the Orioles very much.

9 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I've always thought of our team as a team that no one really pays attention to.  Yankees haters?  Sure.  Sox haters?  Definitely.  Dodgers?  Absolutely.

But we're not in any of their classes.  We're mostly always bad to mediocre, sometimes we're pretty good.  Therefore, I've never really thought of anyone "hating" the Orioles very much.

With luck there will be more Orioles haters around within a few years.

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, justD said:

I’m bringing two different ponchos and a couple towels on the off chance they try to play through it. If there’s a delay, so much for jockeying with Joel/Nicks crowds. If they postpone and I’ve flown out for nothing and miss the experience altogether? Well, I guess one of the many reasons I moved to Colorado is being really sick of rain and this would just cement that.

Actually have learned a lot about the whole postseason experience so far, as well as the playoff push. I think I’ll do things a lot different the next five years or so when we keep returning to the postseason. 😎

I also recently moved to Colorado. It’s pretty darn nice. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm basing this on what's on Power Alley and Loud Outs on MLB Network Radio.  CJ's on Loud Outs.  Both shows have talked about the O's a LOT this season.

I don't know what's in his head, of course, but it seems like he's got a chip on his shoulder over that coverage compared to almost no talk about the Rangers (he's on their broadcast team). 

Add to that his Loud Outs teammate Ryan Spillborghs being super into the Os, and I think CJ just resents the attention.

[It's maybe hyperbole on my part to call him "anti-Orioles" but I never did say anything about hating ;) ]

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

Any idea what times gates will open? 

2.5 hrs before first pitch I believe is what it says....

Edit to add that the only Orioles info I see to confirm this says 1 hour before first pitch.  I can't find anything else to link. But I was planning on being 2.5 hrs early just for traffic concerns. And I made those plans in part due to what time gates open.  I still think it's 2.5 hrs before.  Ill keep looking.

Edited by foxfield
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, foxfield said:

2.5 hrs before first pitch I believe is what it says....

Edit to add that the only Orioles info I see to confirm this says 1 hour before first pitch.  I can't find anything else to link. But I was planning on being 2.5 hrs early just for traffic concerns. And I made those plans in part due to what time gates open.  I still think it's 2.5 hrs before.  Ill keep looking.

2.5 hours