The Orioles arent the ONLY champs in the organization..

Roy Firestone

This weekend, the Tides won the title of BEST AAA team in the minors . The Tides got a grand slam by Colton Cowser to beat the Albuquerque Dodgers, 7-6 to win the title as BEST AAA team ...Coby Mayo was 6/15 for the playoffs...including , 2 HR, 2 2B and 5 RBI's...he also had a great defensive game in the title game.Check out these great celebration photos...hopefully its a good omen for Orioles...

• Like 1

What is funny is possibly players in AAA now will have more lifetime WAR than guys already on the Orioles.  Cowser, Kjerstad, Holliday, Mayo, Ortiz and Norby are an amazing group of prospects.  

Every one of these guys should get some playing time with the Orioles next year.  

• Upvote 1

Looking at the Tides lineup in the AAA championship game. It's just crazy seeing the 2023 minor league OPS for those hitters. Holliday, Cowser, Norby, Mayo, Ortiz, Stowers all put up solid to premium numbers this year. Add in Kjerstad as well. I don't ever recall a AAA lineup with that dangerous of a lineup. 

I found it interesting that the Tides were playing Tampa Bay's AAA team for the International League championship as well.  That tells me that not only is our future very bright, I think Tampa's future looks pretty good as well.  I expect many good head to head battles with them down the line.

I attended several Tides games this year, and they were fun to watch.  I just wonder witch of our prospects will be traded for pitching depth.....I imagine either Norby or Ortiz might be gone at some point in the offseason.

2 hours ago, Sanity Check said:

I found it interesting that the Tides were playing Tampa Bay's AAA team for the International League championship as well.  That tells me that not only is our future very bright, I think Tampa's future looks pretty good as well.  I expect many good head to head battles with them down the line.

I attended several Tides games this year, and they were fun to watch.  I just wonder witch of our prospects will be traded for pitching depth.....I imagine either Norby or Ortiz might be gone at some point in the offseason.

6 of the 9 milb All Stars were from the AL East.  Of course 3 from the O's, 2 from the Rays and 1 from the Red Sox.  Just an amazing amount of young talent in the AL East. 

In case anyone missed it, at the Minor League Awards show last night on MLB Network, the Tides were named the minor league team of the year:

Team of the Year: Norfolk Tides (Orioles, Triple-A)
When you have this many top prospects on your roster, even if they’re moving up and down, the hope is you’ll win a lot of games. The Tides won 90 regular-season contests for a .604 winning percentage and then ran through the postseason. They were the last ones standing after defeating Oklahoma City in the Triple-A National Championship Game. The team that took the field in Las Vegas for that final contest boasted four members of MLB Pipeline’s Top 50 list.

https://www.milb.com/news/2023-milb-awards-show

18 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

There were more major league quality players on that Tides team than on the Oakland A's this year. And I'm not really exaggerating too much! :D

Well the A’s did obtain their recently chosen MILB player of the year (Darell Hernaiz) from the Orioles so we share!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/aviators-infielder-darell-hernaiz-named-milb-player-of-the-year/ar-AA1h7EUI