If you could bring back one player in their prime to join this postseason squad...

dzorange

I think the one thing this team is missing is a true MOO masher, like the Astros have with Yordan.  Somebody your entire pitching strategy has to be based around. Based on that I’ll take Chris Davis during his first 50 homer year. I think that was 2013. Imagine that level of power threat right in the middle of Gunnar, Adley, Santander, Mountcastle, Hays, Mullins, Westburg.  O’Hearn has been great but replacing him with that years Davis would be monumental. 

31 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

I think the one thing this team is missing is a true MOO masher, like the Astros have with Yordan.  Somebody your entire pitching strategy has to be based around. Based on that I’ll take Chris Davis during his first 50 homer year. I think that was 2013. Imagine that level of power threat right in the middle of Gunnar, Adley, Santander, Mountcastle, Hays, Mullins, Westburg.  O’Hearn has been great but replacing him with that years Davis would be monumental. 

I'll take Eddie Murray from 1982-83. He's way better than O'Hearn and Mountcastle with his bat and glove plus Murray is one of the best clubhouse leaders in team history.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Malike said:

He's a LHP and his 2007 year was insanely good. I'm not snubbing my nose on 1997 Mussina but Bedard had better numbers across the boards peripheral-wise. ERA+, H/9, WHIP, FIP, HR/9, K/9. I think people forget how good Bedard was in 2007 because the team sucked.

I certainly wouldn’t mind an effort like this one against the 2023 iteration of the Rangers.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, waroriole said:

How is the answer anyone but Manny?

You have to consider where the biggest upgrade would be from what we already have, so it’s not just who’s the best player.   

There’s several great choices - Mussina, Bedard, Britton, Bautista, Alomar, Ripken, Tejada, Machado.   

54 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I'll take Eddie Murray from 1982-83. He's way better than O'Hearn and Mountcastle with his bat and glove plus Murray is one of the best clubhouse leaders in team history.

Not wild card era. Also is he that much better than Alomar is vs our current second baseman?

2 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

I liked the quick Felix mention!    

Buck-era relievers, Andrew Miller over Britton kind of isn't close.     Miller has a 0.93 ERA in 38.2 postseason IP; Britton has a 3.13 ERA in 23.0 innings.

For this roster, I think Frank Robinson is the answer.     Can he have Aaron Hicks' job?

Andrew Miller is a great pull could go multiple innings too. 

1 hour ago, Fiver6565 said:

Second this. Give me chris Davis and a bottle of aderell and there’s a parade in baltimore

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Not wild card era. Also is he that much better than Alomar is vs our current second baseman?

No he's not stats wise but so clutch and before he got cranky he was very good in the field.  Lot of power and was "steady" not streaky.  Much like Gunnar/Adley he was a generational talent.  

On another note that's hope we find another Chito Martinez or Delmon Young.