If you could bring back one player in their prime to join this postseason squad...

dzorange

1 minute ago, SemperFi said:

No he's not stats wise but so clutch and before he got cranky he was very good in the field.  Lot of power and was "steady" not streaky.  Much like Gunnar/Adley he was a generational talent.  

On another note that's hope we find another Chito Martinez or Delmon Young.

I know they called him steady, but he wasn’t in 1983 playoffs. He slumped badly until breaking out in the final game of the World Series.  Love Eddie, but would take Robbie over him in this situation 

10 minutes ago, baltfan said:

I know they called him steady, but he wasn’t in 1983 playoffs. He slumped badly until breaking out in the final game of the World Series.  Love Eddie, but would take Robbie over him in this situation 

I was looking at his body of work.  Sarting in '77 when he was ROY he finished 8,11,6,5,2,2,4,5 in MVP voting.  No Oriole can match that and never will.  I wouldn't mind Robbie though, he was fun. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

You have to consider where the biggest upgrade would be from what we already have, so it’s not just who’s the best player.   

There’s several great choices - Mussina, Bedard, Britton, Bautista, Alomar, Ripken, Tejada, Machado.   

I think we’d get a lot of increased value by having two stars on the left side of the IF, and a Frazier/Westburg platoon at 2B. Positional players get the edge for me. 

I assume we’d be getting the tail end of Cal’s career if it’s after the wildcard started. I can see an argument for Alomar though. 

6 minutes ago, waroriole said:

I think we’d get a lot of increased value by having two stars on the left side of the IF, and a Frazier/Westburg platoon at 2B. Positional players get the edge for me. 

I assume we’d be getting the tail end of Cal’s career if it’s after the wildcard started. I can see an argument for Alomar though. 

Good point about Ripken.

1996 Brady Anderson anyone? 2005 Brian Roberts?

Edited by dzorange

2 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I'll take Eddie Murray from 1982-83. He's way better than O'Hearn and Mountcastle with his bat and glove plus Murray is one of the best clubhouse leaders in team history.

The first WC game was played in 1995.  From 1995-1997 Eddie had 1302 PA and put up a .278/.338/.440/.778 line with 46 HR.  Not too shabby for an old man, but that wouldn't move the needle very much.

I’m on the Chris Davis wagon. Partly because he was so good, and so incredibly clutch that first 50 year. Don’t know how to dig up the stat, but something about him leading the league in game winning/tying/late inning RBI’s. 

The other part is just because I would love for his career to have ended differently here.