Jim Callis Os trade ideas

Sports Guy

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

Which of those ideas do you like?   Are they realistic?

I’d like the Burnes deal if he will extend. But, Cowser is never my replacement CF

Cease deal is too much and he wasn’t good this year. Unless the Os think they have the secret sauce to fix him. 

Marlins deal is a yes

As deal is also a yes 

I would do the Marlins deal and probably the Brewers deal.   As for the Cease deal, I posted this yesterday so I think Callis is close to what it would take.

The White Sox top prospect, Colton Montgomery, is a SS but he finished in AA last year and might not be ready this year.  Elvis Andrés and even moreso Tim Anderson were bad in the middle.   Gotta figure they’re set with Moncada at 3B, Vaughn at 1B, Jiménez at DH, Benintendi in LF and Robert in CF.  Do they stick with the young Cuban, Oscar Colas, in RF where he really struggled offensively?   They’re light in the rotation and the bullpen.   Norby, Ortiz, or Westburg would all make sense viewed as 2B or SS.  If they don’t believe in Colas, they might be interested in Cowser or Kjerstad.   I imagine people would start getting squeamish if you offered Ortiz and Kjerstad for Dylan Cease.  Westburg and Cowser?   Might have to throw a Povich or McDermott in there.   Too much?  Not enough?

I want Burnes and Devin Williams. 2 years Mullins for 1 of Burnes is pretty even but maybe a slight over pay, but lets build on it if the Brewers want to target Mullins

Burnes, Devin Williams, and Cooper Pratt (#9 Prospect)

for

Mullins, Ortiz, Urias, Stowers, and Norby

53 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

I want Burnes and Devin Williams. 2 years Mullins for 1 of Burnes is pretty even but maybe a slight over pay, but lets build on it if the Brewers want to target Mullins

Burnes, Devin Williams, and Cooper Pratt (#9 Prospect)

for

Mullins, Ortiz, Urias, Stowers, and Norby

They already traded away one Urias. I have the chances at 0 that they’d want Ramon. Stowers has literally zero trade value. Mullins, Ortiz and Norby aren’t getting Burnes and Devin Williams and I don’t love the idea of moving Ced without a viable replacement. As big of an advocate that I am for Cowser, I’d have to know that his challenges with the third deck in ML stadiums is behind him and I don’t see how we could know that until next year. 

2 hours ago, Just Regular said:

Watching the Phillies kid in CF this month makes me wonder how Bradfield would compare to him by next fall.

Even if it is in a role like Jordan Lawlar on the Diamondbacks now, I have a feeling Bradfield will be part of the playoff roster next fall if we're in it and he is still in the organization.

I think if the manager follows the GM to New York, and MIL re-tools for the Jackson Chourio teams, they will lean towards colleagues for Chourio rather than MLB players almost as productive as Burnes.

Bradfield was my first thoughr. Too bad the FO didn't push him a little harder to see what we had in him out of the gate.  He could've rocked a .400 OBP potentially in AA and had a legit chance to make the OD roster like Langford will.

Its not a stretch to think Bradfield can put up a league average OBP (granted with a .100 ISO) with plus defense and elite baserunning on OD 2024, but cant see Elias taking that risk. At the trade deadline, its a different story, Bradfield could make it far easier for us to part with Hays or Mullins.

Although knowing he's close made me entertain the Burnes offer more than I would've thought. 

6 minutes ago, dystopia said:

LOL that Cease suggestion is a joke. Why do people still treat this guy like the 2nd coming of Cy Young? He is, at best, slightly better than mediocre.

His 3.7 WAR (good for 18th among pitchers, just behind Bradish and just above Burnes) says hello.

Acquiring Cease would upgrade the rotation more than either of the three other deals. And no, I’m not a big fan of Cease but he would instantly become at least the O’s second best pitcher. 

18 minutes ago, nvpacchi said:

Bradfield was my first thoughr. Too bad the FO didn't push him a little harder to see what we had in him out of the gate.  He could've rocked a .400 OBP potentially in AA and had a legit chance to make the OD roster like Langford will.

Its not a stretch to think Bradfield can put up a league average OBP (granted with a .100 ISO) with plus defense and elite baserunning on OD 2024, but cant see Elias taking that risk. At the trade deadline, its a different story, Bradfield could make it far easier for us to part with Hays or Mullins.

Although knowing he's close made me entertain the Burnes offer more than I would've thought. 

It’s a stretch if he doesn’t start hitting for some power.

1. Mullins for Burnes would be a good deal. Maybe Mullins has slightly more trade value with the extra year but it’s close, could be other smaller pieces involved to even it out. I’d play Hays in CF with Cowser in LF, though, at least until Cowser shows capable. Not ideal in that it doesn’t leverage trading from our IF depth and severely weakens the OF defense, but does helpfully open playing time in the OF.

2. Too much for Cease but I think this is what CWS would demand. Which is why a Cease trade won’t happen. 

3. Would do this for Cabrera but I don’t think the Marlins would. Despite being a team with the reputation for “tons of pitching” with Alcantara out next year they’re not super deep in SP beyond a strong 3 (Luzardo, Garrett, Perez). 

4. Norby for Blackburn would be fair but it’s just Cole Irvin part 2. As much as Norby is squeezed out here this just doesn’t move the needle for the Orioles. Unfortunately this is the most likely type of move we’ll see this offseason.