MLB Offseason Moves/Rumor Thread

ThisIsBirdland

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Stephenson price tag was “too extreme” for the Os according to Roch.

https://www.masnsports.com/orioles-rss/this-that-and-the-other-1-50

Ah, Roch buried it:

As the days melt away and the snow turns to slush, I’m becoming more convinced that any starter who joins the Orioles would slot closer to the back end of the rotation. As I’ve said, prove me wrong. I’m cool with it.

I’ve had some people ask why they didn’t just bring back Kyle Gibson, who joined the Cardinals on a one-year, $12 million deal. They were aiming higher at the start of free agency, and Gibson signed on Nov. 21.

He didn’t leave any time to reconsider. He went poof before the Orioles could possibly pivot.

That’s my take.

8 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Ah, Roch buried it:

As the days melt away and the snow turns to slush, I’m becoming more convinced that any starter who joins the Orioles would slot closer to the back end of the rotation. As I’ve said, prove me wrong. I’m cool with it.

I’ve had some people ask why they didn’t just bring back Kyle Gibson, who joined the Cardinals on a one-year, $12 million deal. They were aiming higher at the start of free agency, and Gibson signed on Nov. 21.

He didn’t leave any time to reconsider. He went poof before the Orioles could possibly pivot.

That’s my take.

It makes a lot of sense to make sure the O's are an actual contender before signing someone to a big (3/33M) deal.

Wouldn't want to rush the process.

Once the team is for sure established the money will be there.

For the record Roch is never "cool" with being proven wrong.

Edited by Can_of_corn
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I agree on him….but if universally $33 million over 3 years is too expensive we are in trouble 

Oh, I agree completely on that.  I just wouldn’t spend that on Stephenson.