Why Ryan O’Hearn Must Go (Sorry, Ryan)

RZNJ

17 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Gunnar, Holliday, Cowser, Kjerstad, Basallo, and EBJ, are all LH. We can’t just go shipping off our RH bats. Mountcastle, Westburg, Ortiz, and Norby, are all important in that regard. 

We can’t keep them all ….do the math

5 minutes ago, Safelykept said:

Then why tender him in the first place, I think its Mountcastle gets traded ( with a $4.7 arb settlement, they just announced to all that they love him) and who knows maybe they do.

Frankly, your wording confuses me.  

15 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Gunnar, Holliday, Cowser, Kjerstad, Basallo, and EBJ, are all LH. We can’t just go shipping off our RH bats. Mountcastle, Westburg, Ortiz, and Norby, are all important in that regard. 

I think the Sigbot's process is clear that for these Adley-Holliday teams in OPACY that RHH are relatively unimportant.      Mayo and maybe Mountcastle are I think the only ones who will be potent enough overall to hang on to starting roles.

Gerrit Cole and Kevin Gausman (and hopefully Spencer Strider and Shohei Ohtani down the line) will be facing LHH stacks and we dare you to bring Danny Coulombe into the game.    Gunnar and Holliday and Basallo are going to have to figure out the Colin Poches and Danny Coulombes of the world.

32 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

It’s possible that it was just two hot months.  During those two months he also went oppo 38% of the time so it seems like a conscious effort to change but he could revert to his old ways.  

He’s always gone oppo a lot.  Not as much as in 2023, but more than most players.  I don’t know why people have the impression that he’s a big pull hitter, because he never has been compared to most.  

Just now, RZNJ said:

Gunnar SS or 3B

OF Cowser, EBJ, Kjerstad

1B/C Basallo

Holliday 2B or SS

I just did the math.  2 + 2 = 4

So that means Mullins, Mountcastle, Hays, O’Hearn, Mateo, Santader, and Urias. It would nice to see some movement.

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

So that means Mullins, Mountcastle, Hays, O’Hearn, Mateo, Santader, and Urias. It would nice to see some movement.

No one said it would happen OD 2024.   

Just now, DirtyBird said:

I don't understand how people can be penciling EBJ into a future lineup

Someone asked how he could fit.  I’m not writing his name in ink but it’s certainly realistic to think he could be our CF in 2026.