Let's dream a little bit and look into the future....

TradeAngelos

I obviously haven't followed this team closely recently, but know enough that basically all we are missing is TOR starters (plural). Could you just imagine this team as currently constructed, adding 2 pieces like that?? We would be unstoppable. Legit World Series threat for next 3-4 years easily. This team has so much young talent there is no reason we couldn't spend 50-60m on not one but two of them in the offseason. Maybe get one at the trade deadline if that opportunity presents itself. So what is next year's FA looking like in that regard? Are there even 2 that will be out there and available? I would buy season tickets INSTANTLY if this were to happen. Already planning on a package this season now. But is it even possible with what could be out there for the 2025 season? If not who are some trade targets? We have the money, and an owner who is probably going to be willing to spend it. That wouldn't even put the total payroll into the average, just below it so there is no excuse for the "we can't afford it" nonsense anymore. 

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

The main question I have is... are you going to change your username? 

I have already said I will be changing my name. Now let's get back to two TOR starters and how we are going to acquire them......

• Upvote 2

I think when healthy, we have two no. 2 starters(G-Rod and Bradish), one no.3 starter in Means, a no.4 starter in Kremer, and a few guys who could be no.5 starters or BP pieces(Wells, Irvin, Hall?) 

Cease is not a no.1 on this team, nor is Framber or Luzardo. I take Bradish over the 3 of them. I dont think we need an "ace", but more likely another no.2 or 3 guy. 2024-2027 is our window. Need to pray guys stay healthy and keep churning out impact prospects. 

4 minutes ago, Dunk35 said:

I think when healthy, we have two no. 2 starters(G-Rod and Bradish), one no.3 starter in Means, a no.4 starter in Kremer, and a few guys who could be no.5 starters or BP pieces(Wells, Irvin, Hall?) 

Cease is not a no.1 on this team, nor is Framber or Luzardo. I take Bradish over the 3 of them. I dont think we need an "ace", but more likely another no.2 or 3 guy. 2024-2027 is our window. Need to pray guys stay healthy and keep churning out impact prospects. 

If 2023 Kyle Bradish is who he is, he is absolutely a #1 starter.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Dunk35 said:

Right because who needs an "ace" on their team? Yawn. 

Ok well let's not assume the "best case scenario" anymore. That is 2023 cope thinking as we try to convince ourselves that spending no money on anyone is actually just fine. You need to adjust your thinking which has been warped the past 30 years on what "couldn't be" and start thinking about what could be.

What if the number 2's falter a little bit and turn into 3's? What if one gets hurt (because pitchers never get hurt do they?) That is just as likely as the opposite scenario. So we need a #1 guaranteed no argument even if we predict best case scenario. 

Why are we banking on Means for anything after past 2 seasons? "If" he is healthy? He hasn't been healthy for a season in 3 yrs. 

You get 2 TOR starters and then you have wiggle room for unexpected injuries and performance underperformers. A rock solid staff that won't be hamstrung if "something" happens to one or more of them.

1. New TOR

2. New TOR

3. G Rod

4. Braddish

5. Let the best remaining pitchers battle it out may the best man win. 

That is how you set the pitching staff (and team) up for success, not trying to skimp and pinch pennies based on who owns the team while ignoring what is really needed. It's a new day, let's start acting like it. We don't have to "settle" anymore.

I would assume that Rubenstein won't be the managing partner until well into the season, but what is stopping him from calling Elias and saying, "If you want Snell, go ahead"? Does that somehow eat into the Angelos' take and they would not allow it? Or is it some sort of tampering deal since he's not officially managing partner?

6 minutes ago, TradeAngelos said:

1. New TOR

2. New TOR

3. G Rod

4. Braddish

5. Let the best remaining pitchers battle it out may the best man win. 

This is hilarious. 

Bradish the same spot in our rotation as he was in the Cy Young voting.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

This is hilarious. 

Bradish the same spot in our rotation as he was in the Cy Young voting.

Excellent post, so well thought out.

OK put him at 3....whatever. So it would be a bad thing to have two TOR starters in the mix? 

What exactly are we spending money on then Einstein to make this team better? Daddy said we aren't grounded anymore and can go get some ice cream. What flavors are we getting? Any toppings? I know we have been deprived of all that but we can spoil ourselves a little bit now.

God this fanbase has been totally brain warped. It's sad actually.

1 hour ago, TradeAngelos said:

I have already said I will be changing my name. Now let's get back to two TOR starters and how we are going to acquire them......

To avoid confusion, may I suggest "TradedAngelos?"  It feels like kind of a celebratory flex to me 😆

Edited by Morgan423

18 minutes ago, TradeAngelos said:

Excellent post, so well thought out.

OK put him at 3....whatever. So it would be a bad thing to have two TOR starters in the mix? 

What exactly are we spending money on then Einstein to make this team better? Daddy said we aren't grounded anymore and can go get some ice cream. What flavors are we getting? Any toppings? I know we have been deprived of all that but we can spoil ourselves a little bit now.

God this fanbase has been totally brain warped. It's sad actually.

Have you thought out your posts enough to put names and estimated contract length/values behind the magical top of rotation starters you are plugging in over Bradish?

1 hour ago, TradeAngelos said:

I obviously haven't followed this team closely recently, but know enough that basically all we are missing is TOR starters (plural). Could you just imagine this team as currently constructed, adding 2 pieces like that?? We would be unstoppable. Legit World Series threat for next 3-4 years easily. This team has so much young talent there is no reason we couldn't spend 50-60m on not one but two of them in the offseason. Maybe get one at the trade deadline if that opportunity presents itself. So what is next year's FA looking like in that regard? Are there even 2 that will be out there and available? I would buy season tickets INSTANTLY if this were to happen. Already planning on a package this season now. But is it even possible with what could be out there for the 2025 season? If not who are some trade targets? We have the money, and an owner who is probably going to be willing to spend it. That wouldn't even put the total payroll into the average, just below it so there is no excuse for the "we can't afford it" nonsense anymore. 

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2023/04/2024-25-mlb-free-agents.html

Here is the list of free agents next offseason.

Some interesting names as far as SP:

Bieber, Burnes, Buehler, Eovaldi, Giolito, Means, Ray, Kikuchi, Fried, etc. 

@TradeAngelos Where are you going to find 2 Aces that want to come pitch in Baltimore, MD? Who are "Aces" to you? You want someone better than Kyle Bradish? Those guys get 300 million in Free Agency. Gerritt Cole, Yammamoto, Wheeler, Burnes. Not a lot of "Aces" are in their 20s nowadays. Scherzer, deGrom, Verlander aren't giving better production than G-Rod and Bradish. 

1 hour ago, DirtyBird said:

If 2023 Kyle Bradish is who he is, he is absolutely a #1 starter.

I tend to think so. Just want to see him getting through 7 more often and get closer to 200 Innings a season before I call him a bonafide no.1 starter. I really like Bradish and how he pitches though.