Let's dream a little bit and look into the future....

TradeAngelos

8 minutes ago, Dunk35 said:

@TradeAngelos Where are you going to find 2 Aces that want to come pitch in Baltimore, MD? Who are "Aces" to you? You want someone better than Kyle Bradish? Those guys get 300 million in Free Agency. Gerritt Cole, Yammamoto, Wheeler, Burnes. Not a lot of "Aces" are in their 20s nowadays. Scherzer, deGrom, Verlander aren't giving better production than G-Rod and Bradish. 

I'm not saying that it will happen or that these two guys are better than Bradish, but if we were to sign Snell and acquire Cease by trade that is very doable IMO given how low the rest of the payroll is.

Snell, Bradish, Cease, Grayson in whatever order you want to put them gives us the best rotation in the AL and maybe the game.

1 minute ago, Bemorewins said:

I'm not saying that it will happen or that these two guys are better than Bradish, but if we were to sign Snell and acquire Cease by trade that is very doable IMO given how low the rest of the payroll is.

Snell, Bradish, Cease, Grayson in whatever order you want to put them gives us the best rotation in the AL and maybe the game.

Bradish >>> Cease

9 minutes ago, dystopia said:

Bradish >>> Cease

Last year absolutely! 2 years ago not so much. Either way I think having a pitcher like Cease only helps us in addition to Bradish. I'm not interested in who is better. I am interested in who can help us win a World Series.

21 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

I agree with this….if you have the $constraints lifted this is the way to go….and this is how you make a splash. Plus it allows you (hopefully) to clear some of these guys off the roster and thus giving them a chance somewhere else.

9 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Bradish and GRod are #1s.   Name the starter you are going to get that are better.

By 2025 Johnson, McDermott and Povich will be ready for the majors.   There is plenty of up side coming.

GRod is not a #1

2 minutes ago, TommyPickles said:

Bradish doesn't get enough respect around here.

Do you know the last time an Orioles' starter finished 4th or better in the Cy Young vote?

Mike Mussina in 1999.

He is the best pitcher on this team.

I absolutely LOVE Kyle Bradish and the season that he had last year. Me advocating for the team to add to the rotation is by no means intended as a slight to him. I just feel that he needs some help! Bradish, Grayson, whatever Means is/will be, and Kremer is not a World Series caliber rotation in my opinion especially when the Rangers already have a better lineup than us and the Astros probably do as well with just as good or probably better pitching. And that does not includes the behemoths in the Braves and Dodgers. I want the Orioles to put themselves in the best position possible in order to win a championship. Something Angelos was clearly indifferent about and not willing to do.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Hazmat said:

Good OP, TradeRubenstein.

Trade??? Absolutely not. This man is going to save baseball in this city for the rest of my lifetime. 

Maybe PraiseRubenstein or some other highly flattering word. I can be wooed right now if he is reading, lay it on thick when you start talking Davey. Whisper sweet nothings in our ears.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, TradeAngelos said:

Trade??? Absolutely not. This man is going to save baseball in this city for the rest of my lifetime. 

Maybe PraiseRubenstein or some other highly flattering word. I can be wooed right now if he is reading, lay it on thick when you start talking Davey. Whisper sweet nothings in our ears.

I worry you’re setting yourself up for disappointment.