Kyle Bradish Has Sprained UCL, Will Start Season On IL (4/9 Update: Assigned rehab assignment w/Aberdeen)

DrinkinWithFermi

3 minutes ago, Birds08 said:

Is there good news to read from the fact they put him on the 15 day DL?

It's not bad news but I wouldn't read much into it.  If they need a slot on the 40 man and keep him on the 15 it will mean something.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Conway12 said:

The fact that they think he's ready to pitch in a minor league rehab game is significant in my opinion. That tells me he's tested it out already and has been able to throw full force with no pain.

Fingers crossed he can be back by May sometime.

• Upvote 2

• Tony-OH changed the title to Kyle Bradish Has Sprained UCL, Will Start Season On IL (4/9 Update: Assigned rehab assignment w/Aberdeen)

I'm cautiously optimistic...but will wait to get my hopes up until a couple days after his first rehab start. But with Means and now--soon--Bradish rehabbing, there's certainly reason for optimism. It should also trickle down to help out the bullpen. 

4 hours ago, Conway12 said:

But he hurt his UCL! That means he DEFINITELY won't pitch this year. This is totally a smokescreen while Elias trades for another pitcher! NO ONE HAS EVER PITCHED AFTER A UCL INJURY WITHOUT FIRST GETTING TOMMY JOHN!!!!!11!!!1!!

56 minutes ago, ChosenOne21 said:

But he hurt his UCL! That means he DEFINITELY won't pitch this year. This is totally a smokescreen while Elias trades for another pitcher! NO ONE HAS EVER PITCHED AFTER A UCL INJURY WITHOUT FIRST GETTING TOMMY JOHN!!!!!11!!!1!!

I don’t think anyone’s said this. But I also don’t think anyone should be super confident about his chances of getting through the season without further issue. 

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I don’t think anyone’s said this. But I also don’t think anyone should be super confident about his chances of getting through the season without further issue. 

No one has said this, but it feels like half the board is acting like it's a true statement.

Of course, he might not pitch this year, but it's probably like 67% likely he will and 33% he won't.