O's on Apple TV

SteveA

16 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I don’t have Apple TV, and I’m not going to get it to watch a handful of Oriole games.  I’m sure my wife won’t mind doing something else on a Friday night.   

It's pretty cheap, I think I'll probably get it for the three games. 

Baseball's a drug.

5 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

It's pretty cheap, I think I'll probably get it for the three games. 

Baseball's a drug.

Apple One includes Apple News, Apple Music and 2TB of iCloud storage along with Apple TV.  If you're a news junkie as well as a baseball junkie (like I am), it's a huge value.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, 24fps said:

Apple One includes Apple News, Apple Music and 2TB of iCloud storage along with Apple TV.  If you're a news junkie as well as a baseball junkie (like I am), it's a huge value.

I am whatever the opposite of a news junkie is 🤣

I definitely appreciated Apple TV last year whenever they sprung one on us. The visual broadcast was outstanding. The play by play was extraordinarily MEH.

Edited by Hank Scorpio

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I am whatever the opposite of a news junkie is 🤣

Fair enough.  IIRC you're an avid golfer?  Included are subscriptions to roughly a half-dozen golf magazines and that extends to numerous other areas of interest as well.  The abundance of magazine subscriptions alone are worth the cost

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, sevastras said:

When I lived in that area, I had HTS. You at least have the option of having MASN don’t you?

And I don’t see how you are getting to the stadium in about an hour unless your + is closer to 30-45 minutes 😆

I have 3 sons.  My money is spent on food, not cable!  Yes, MASN is a cable option.  Not a streaming option.

You're right, it's closer to 1.5 hours to the stadium.  Full disclosure, the GPS sets the time to beat!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 24fps said:

Fair enough.  IIRC you're an avid golfer?  Included are subscriptions to roughly a half-dozen golf magazines and that extends to numerous other areas of interest as well.  The abundance of magazine subscriptions alone are worth the cost

I used to be before we had kids!!!!!! 

Oh, how I miss it.

2 hours ago, Just Regular said:

Hello, fellow resident of the Eastern North America mega city.   

Pittsburgh is inland but everything up 83 and east is the coast.    I guess that throws Amish country in with us!

Pitt is the real outlier IMO.  My guess it has to do with legacy Steeler fans.  And yes, 83/Susquehanna River is a good demarcation. East is Philly fans, west is Pirates.  South of York it's about 40-50% O's fans (at least in my circle).

2 hours ago, SemperFi said:

And that I suspect is exactly what they want and budget for.  I'll also bet you haven't cancelled!!

As innocous as it may seem memberships are as if not more important than margins to Costco and Amazon.  Amazon brings in $35b in membership fees alone.  When they raised membership fees in '22 their profit almost doubled. 

I had already cancelled when I realized that I could still see those events noted.  But even when you cancel, you can start back up any day if you are interested in a special event.  So you don’t lose anything by canceling.

5 hours ago, 24fps said:

I have that. Happy with it. 

• 2 months later...