Great day to be an O’s fan

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

The team was under .500 those years.

They weren't that great.

They had a nice little run, shame they couldn't cash in like the Royals did.

Well, if you pick the right start/end date, they were the winningest team in baseball over like a 4 year period. 

Still, all I'm saying is that success moderated the negativity. I'm certainly not here to defend PAs ownership. 

22 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm not the one that labeled this place the biggest Peter Angelos fan club all of a sudden.

I don't what it is with this board and taking EVERYTHING so damn literally, but it's really obnoxious. 

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, elextrano8 said:

But like, I do think that. I think that if you look at where we are today, the positives over PA's tenure outweigh the negatives. It's not an unreasonable take.

Thanks for dropping in, John.

Just now, Frobby said:

Is there any info out there on when today’s vote will take place or be announced?

I haven't been able to find anything. I'm hoping one of the beat writers will tweet about it or MLB Network will carry a press conference if there is one. Although, they could wait until tomorrow and have an Opening Day presser.

Just now, dystopia said:

I don't what it is with this board and taking EVERYTHING so damn literally, but it's really obnoxious. 

Well you said it was the biggest Angelos fan club, then you get upset when people take you literally after you point out that there was a smattering of positive posts about his ownership.  

Sorry for taking you literally, won't let it happen again.

• Upvote 1

I love social media.  Even a thread that started out referencing "ass clowns" can still find plenty of space to drop further.

What are the odds that this thread gets locked before the vote results are announced?

7 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Well you said it was the biggest Angelos fan club, then you get upset when people take you literally after you point out that there was a smattering of positive posts about his ownership.  

Sorry for taking you literally, won't let it happen again.

In fairness, being the biggest Angelos fan club is not difficult. There aren't many. 

1 hour ago, dystopia said:

Lol suddenly this board is the biggest Peter Angelos fan club. Can’t make this stuff up. 

Idiotic statement. Good Lord, I almost want to suspend you for saying this because it's completely and utterly ridiculously wrong. The vast majority of this board (probably upwards of 95% or more) have been pretty anti-Angelos family as owners. You owe this community an apology.

19 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

The Buck Showalter years definitely moderated the negativity around his ownership. It was really bad going into those years.

The Buck Years really highlighted the "how the heck did you manage to be under .500 for 15 years". It's arguably more difficult to do that than it is to run into 1 winning season per 15 years. 

22 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

We had a team go 0-21 to start a season and the O's under Angelos had three separate teams that lost more games.

Zero rings, zero WS appearances.

For multiple stretches during his tenure as owner the O's were a national punchline among baseball fans and O's fans were the subject of pity from other fanbases.

I think that take overly weighs the potential of the current situation.

Yes, and I still think we are in a better place today than when PA purchased the franchise. I genuinely don't see a contradiction there.

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Idiotic statement. Good Lord, I almost want to suspend you for saying this because it's completely and utterly ridiculously wrong. The vast majority of this board (probably upwards of 95% or more) have been pretty anti-Angelos family as owners. You owe this community an apology.

I'll take the ban over apologizing for something so ridiculous. This board takes itself way too seriously. If you think that's worthy of a ban, so be it, I don't care. Judging by the fact that my post got 4 upvotes, it seems plenty of people were not offended by what was obviously a light-hearted, hyperbolic remark. 

40 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

Lol. Isn't this what you're doing?

The fact that you are defending that garbage post about THIS BOARD being the biggest apologists is pretty disheartening. As a long time member you know that it wrong and I would imagine would want to defend it instead of giving that poster his awful post any credence.

Just because people weren't going to dance on Peter Angelos' grave and some wanted to remember what they perceived as his good points as owner does not make this the biggest Peter Angelos fan club.

Nothing, and I mean nothing annoys me worse than when the board is generalized, especially when it's not even close to being right.