Corbin Burnes 2024

Spy Fox

14 hours ago, Moshagge3 said:

I went and found the full interview because I was a bit confused by the quote here. 

You can listen for yourselves, but when he was talking about grinding through it and having stressful pitches, he actually referred to the Kirk 9-pitch AB in the 4th, then spoke about the BlueJays lineup bringing it with every plate appearance. 

(Sidebar: I also heard that the BlueJays were calling themselves the "flu jays" last night, and that they were told before the game that no one would be PH or PR for, that they were it, and they'd have to tough it out for all 9 innings.)

(Second sidebar: At first I thought he was ragging on his teammates because there was no breathing room, but someone actually asks him about that, and he completely denied that the score, or having run support, makes any difference to how he approaches his game.)

Back to the Kirk AB tho, someone in the game thread questioned whether a recent Santander AB that went 11 pitches was a "good AB" since it ended in an unproductive out.  Sometimes, making the pitcher feel like he's having to throw stressful pitches can in fact make a difference.  Even though he is/was "scuffling," I love the way Santander makes pitchers work, and I wish more of our guys would do the same. 

13 hours ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Corbin Burnes has been great. But it's a travesty the Orioles can't score more than 2 runs when he pitches. Give Corbin some more run support. He deserves better.

The Orioles need their bats to wake up...or sit those who are in a long, deep slumber. Give Mayo a chance to swing the bat. He can DH if were worried about his defense...put Ohearn in LF..if you have to.

Our organization has one of the best track records with pitching injuries recently. So if they’re doing load management in game 40, then I’ll defer to them. 

Remember that Hyde brought up how tired this team was in the playoffs. So they’re obviously trying to avoid that. 

40 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

The Orioles need their bats to wake up...or sit those who are in a long, deep slumber. Give Mayo a chance to swing the bat. He can DH if were worried about his defense...put Ohearn in LF..if you have to.

If you wanted to sit the guys who haven't done much in the past two weeks, we'd have about 3 players on the field.

On 5/14/2024 at 12:32 PM, justD said:

I went and found the full interview because I was a bit confused by the quote here. 

You can listen for yourselves, but when he was talking about grinding through it and having stressful pitches, he actually referred to the Kirk 9-pitch AB in the 4th, then spoke about the BlueJays lineup bringing it with every plate appearance. 

(Sidebar: I also heard that the BlueJays were calling themselves the "flu jays" last night, and that they were told before the game that no one would be PH or PR for, that they were it, and they'd have to tough it out for all 9 innings.)

(Second sidebar: At first I thought he was ragging on his teammates because there was no breathing room, but someone actually asks him about that, and he completely denied that the score, or having run support, makes any difference to how he approaches his game.)

Back to the Kirk AB tho, someone in the game thread questioned whether a recent Santander AB that went 11 pitches was a "good AB" since it ended in an unproductive out.  Sometimes, making the pitcher feel like he's having to throw stressful pitches can in fact make a difference.  Even though he is/was "scuffling," I love the way Santander makes pitchers work, and I wish more of our guys would do the same. 

I would guess Santander leads the team in 10+ pitch AB's but he also is prone to popping up the first pitch. I think he did both yesterday. I just looked it up and then only O in the top 25 is Cowser at 4.27.

1 hour ago, Malike said:

Great interview with Burnes. Saying Gunnar has room for improvement. Seems like he's fitting into the vibe.

I have been wanting to start a Corbin Burnes Enjoying Being an Oriole thread, in which the board could post screenshots of Corbin Burnes enjoying being an Oriole. I take note of his participation in dugout antics and post-victory celebrations and allow myself to dream that he might be coming around to the idea of signing here after the year is up. Maybe Corbin Burnes enjoys being an Oriole enough to want to be an Oriole for another five to seven years. I enjoy Corbin Burnes being an Oriole enough to want that.

1 hour ago, Babkins said:

I have been wanting to start a Corbin Burnes Enjoying Being an Oriole thread, in which the board could post screenshots of Corbin Burnes enjoying being an Oriole. I take note of his participation in dugout antics and post-victory celebrations and allow myself to dream that he might be coming around to the idea of signing here after the year is up. Maybe Corbin Burnes enjoys being an Oriole enough to want to be an Oriole for another five to seven years. I enjoy Corbin Burnes being an Oriole enough to want that.

Corbin Burnes is most likely going to “like/love” which ever team ponies up the most cash.