Colton Cowser 2024

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Adley, McCann, Mayo, Holliday, Henderson, Westburg, Norby, Mounty or Santander, Mullins, Kjerstad, Cowser, Mullins and Stowers.

Can we speak this into existence?

I'd like to.  I'd be stoked about that roster, outside of Norby.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'd like to.  I'd be stoked about that roster, outside of Norby.

What’s wrong with Norby?  Solid platoon candidate.  He can hit.  Needs to be able to play defense in the OF adequately though.

16 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Thoughts on Cowser's first start:

1) He looked much better in the field than he did at any point last season.  He made two nice running catches in the 4th inning I believe.  Neither was amazing but both were solid plays and showed his athleticism.

2) His first double will go down in the books as an RBI double, but it was an absolutely atrocious piece of hitting.  Man on 2nd, nobody out, 3-0 score.  He gets ahead in the count 1-0, and Palmer says, "He must get the runner over to third or drive him in, in this game situation," no sooner does he finish speaking than Cowser hits a weak ground ball to the left side of the infield.  Now, lucky for him it rolled down the third base line and into the outfield for an RBI double, but it was the exact opposite of what he should have been doing.

This was a solid start for him.  And hopefully a spring board to more playing time.

I don’t know that Hyde or Sigbot has a problem down 3-0 with just trying to get a hit versus trying to direct the ball to the right side.    You wouldn’t bunt in that situation, would you?   While trying to hit the ball to only one side of the field isn’t the same as giving yourself up it’s certainly not optimal for getting a hit.

25 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:
Edited by RZNJ

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

I don’t know that Hyde or Sigbot has a problem down 3-0 with just trying to get a hit versus trying to direct the ball to the right side.    You wouldn’t bunt in that situation, would you?   While trying to hit the ball to only one side of the field isn’t the same as giving yourself up it’s certainly not optimal for getting a hit.

You seem to be really into the fickleness of the OH.   LOL

Ahead in the count, hitting the ball hard to the right side of the field shouldn't be a problem.

Now, if he hit a ball HARD to the left side, your forgive it.

But up 1-0 in the count and you put a swing like that on the ball is just a bad approach.

2 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Ahead in the count, hitting the ball hard to the right side of the field shouldn't be a problem.

Now, if he hit a ball HARD to the left side, your forgive it.

But up 1-0 in the count and you put a swing like that on the ball is just a bad approach.

Haha.  If he hit a ball hard it was ok?   You think these guys can hit a ball hard whenever they want?   You don’t think he was trying to hit the ball hard?

Do you want him trying to pull a ball on the outside corner or keep taking strikes until he gets something to pull?

Edited by RZNJ
  • Upvote 1

Just now, RZNJ said:

Haha.  If he hit a ball hard it was ok?   You think these guys can hit a ball hard whenever they want?   You don’t think he was trying to hit the ball hard?

Yes, hitting the ball hard is the point.  

I don't care what he was trying to do.  They don't get paid to try to do things.  They're professional athletes.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Pickles said:

I don't care what he was trying to do.  They don't get paid to try to do things.  They're professional athletes.

I have nothing nice to say.  Lol

35 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

And just like that, Kjerstad is an afterthought.

To who?  The pitch forks are coming after O'Hearn after Holliday is up.  Pitch Forks... Cowser -> Holliday -> Kjerstad/Mayo for Urias/O'Hearn -> Burnes Extension.  

5 minutes ago, Pickles said:

The guy on the mound, with the ball, he's a professional athlete as well.

• Upvote 1

Didn’t know which thread to post this in but I firmly believe our best roster end of 2024 has Jackson Holliday in CF. 

1. Holliday CF

2. Henderson SS

3 Rutchman C

4 Santander RF

5 Mountcastle 1B

6 Ohearn/Kjerstad DH

7 Mayo 3B

8 Cowser LF

9 Westburg 2B

• Upvote 1