Colton Cowser 2024

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I have nothing nice to say.  Lol

Do you think this is intramural ball?

Cowser has a job to do in that situation.  He didn't do it.

Now, it goes down as an RBI double but that's why the box score doesn't tell the whole story, and I thought it noteworthy to comment upon it.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

The guy on the mound, with the ball, he's a professional athlete as well.

I'm not saying Cowser should have a successful at bat every time.  I'm saying he didn't have one there despite the positive outcome.

3 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

Didn’t know which thread to post this in but I firmly believe our best roster end of 2024 has Jackson Holliday in CF. 

1. Holliday CF

2. Henderson SS

3 Rutchman C

4 Santander RF

5 Mountcastle 1B

6 Ohearn/Kjerstad DH

7 Mayo 3B

8 Cowser LF

9 Westburg 2B

Interesting. That's a clever way to get Mayo and Kjerstad into the lineup.  

Edited by Flash- bd

13 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Yes, hitting the ball hard is the point.  

I don't care what he was trying to do.  They don't get paid to try to do things.  They're professional athletes.

Lmao, you're doing that Pickles thing that makes you so endearing.

5 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

Didn’t know which thread to post this in but I firmly believe our best roster end of 2024 has Jackson Holliday in CF. 

1. Holliday CF

2. Henderson SS

3 Rutchman C

4 Santander RF

5 Mountcastle 1B

6 Ohearn/Kjerstad DH

7 Mayo 3B

8 Cowser LF

9 Westburg 2B

Unfortunately, management still feels that Mullins is a key part of the team

4 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Do you think this is intramural ball?

Cowser has a job to do in that situation.  He didn't do it.

Now, it goes down as an RBI double but that's why the box score doesn't tell the whole story, and I thought it noteworthy to comment upon it.

I think you don’t understand the game.  Players don’t get the job done all of the time.  It doesn’t mean they had an atrocious AB.   The score dictates strategy.    Does Gunnar Henderson qualify for an atrocious at bat every time he doesn’t hit the ball hard?

An atrocious at bat is when Austin Hays swings at a ball a foot outside, takes one down the middle, and then strikes out on a high fastball a foot above the zone.

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

And just like that, Kjerstad is an afterthought.

Personally, I’ve always preferred CC to HK but this I digress. I’m glad that they didn’t have to move CC for pitching. I’m glad they moved Joey for pitching since he was the odd-man out and wasting away in Norfolk but I’m happy they didn’t move both Joey and CC for pitching.

Perhaps 24 is about grooming CC for Ant’s departure. We shall see. I don’t see HK as a long term outfield solution. Might as well continue to use ROH out there. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I think you don’t understand the game.  Players don’t get the job done all of the time.  It doesn’t mean they had an atrocious AB.   The score dictates strategy.    Does Gunnar Henderson qualify for an atrocious at bat every time he doesn’t hit the ball hard?

An atrocious at bat is when Austin Hays swings at a ball a foot outside, takes one down the middle, and then strikes out on a high fastball a foot above the zone.

I understand the game quite well, thank you.

I understand that the best fail 7 out of 10 times, and that it is a game of failure.

Cowswer made a bad swing decision.  The outcome was good but the swing decision was a bad one.

I assure you that's exactly what his coaches are telling him.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Pickles said:

I understand the game quite well, thank you.

I understand that the best fail 7 out of 10 times, and that it is a game of failure.

Cowswer made a bad swing decision.  The outcome was good but the swing decision was a bad one.

I assure you that's exactly what his coaches are telling him.

Why was it a bad swing decision?

4 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Why was it a bad swing decision?

Because he was in a hitter's count and he swung at a ball he didn't drive.

When they're talking about swing decisions this is the exact kind of thing they're talking about.

3 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Because he was in a hitter's count and he swung at a ball he didn't drive.

When they're talking about swing decisions this is the exact kind of thing they're talking about.

So, bad result means bad swing decision?   The ball was a strike, bottom of the zone outer half.   So, you’re saying he should have taken it for strike one, right?

BTW, 1-0 is not considered a “hitters count” in a traditional sense the same way a 3-1 pitch is.   Certainly the count is in the hitters favor but until you I have never heard anyone refer to 1-0 as a “hitters count”.