Trade Bait 2024

ScGO's

4 minutes ago, ExileAngelos said:

I appreciate you sharing the article and all, and this is no personal slight to you. But no. Just no! Terrible premise and just not plausible. “Holliday’s value will never be higher than it is now”. Really?? Come on! 

Skubal is awesome. But we don’t need to trade our best minor league asset for another starting pitcher. We are good on the starting pitching end of things. What we need is a very good/excellent back end of the bullpen guy.

Oh and why would the Tigers trade their best SP who has multiple years of control even for Holliday who sets their competitive timeline back further? Aren’t they trying to win now?

This article makes zero sense IMO.

8 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

I appreciate you sharing the article and all, and this is no personal slight to you. But no. Just no! Terrible premise and just not plausible. “Holliday’s value will never be higher than it is now”. Really?? Come on! 

Skubal is awesome. But we don’t need to trade our best minor league asset for another starting pitcher. We are good on the starting pitching end of things. What we need is a very good/excellent back end of the bullpen guy.

Oh and why would the Tigers trade their best SP who has multiple years of control even for Holliday who sets their competitive timeline back further? Aren’t they trying to win now?

This article makes zero sense IMO.

I thought he was laughing about Norby being a future stud.

• 4 weeks later...

As of now, if Mayo, Basallo, and Holliday are hands off, here's our top pieces to work with to find pitching in my opinion

1. Kjerstad

2. Cowser

2. Mountcastle

3. Santander

4. O'Hearn

5. Norby

6. Bradfield

7. McDermott

8. Beavers

9. Hays

10. Mateo