4/3 vs. Royals

4 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

This Royals team is a lot better than I thought

And this O's team is a lot worse than I thought. 

The bullpen, defense, and SP depth are a concern.  Also the bottom of the lineup is very weak for now.

1 minute ago, emmett16 said:

Everyone deep diving into what 18 innings out of 1458 are cracking me up. Y’all expected them to go 162-0? 

I think we are more concerned with where they are mentally. You can see more confidence in a Royals team that lost 106 games last year playing on the road against the team that won the most games.

Edited by G54377

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Kimbrel?

Burnes?

New to the team and pitchers. Pitchers don't call meetings to tell the hitters to stop sucking. Anyways, I don't think team meetings really help. 

I think they just need to get out of the cold, rainy weather. the Royals are young and hungry like the Orioles were LAST YEAR. Now we have the "veteranish" team that think they can just walk out there and win. 

They probably rather not be out there with the weather (nobody does) but the Royals are hungry, fast, and have had some very good at bats. They are taking close pitches and made Burnes work. 

The Orioles hitters just clearly don't have the right approach. 

It's like they scored all those runs the first two games and just thought they can show up and score that much.

The last 4 games should tell them they can't. They need to change their approach.

2 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

Everyone deep diving into what 18 innings out of 1458 are cracking me up. Y’all expected them to go 162-0? 

Well they won't go 3-159 either. But there are some clear weaknesses on the roster that need to improve. 

1 minute ago, emmett16 said:

Agreed. I’ll start thinking about reaching for the panic button in the first week of June. We’ve seen how much of a f’ing crapshoot the playoffs are now. I’ll take 94 wins and WC. Let’s get in and roll the dice 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

Did you expect them to suck after starting off 2-0? Did you expect them to lead like one inning in the last 4 games? Are you watching these games?

Of course none of this really is any indication of where this team will end up in October, but it's frustrating as hell watching the team have no approach four games in a row with no changes... Well up until this inning, not surprisingly started by Adley.