The bottom line is this. Management is placing $ over wins as far as importance this year

1 minute ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Here is almost an indisputable fact I have found about the internet and social media over the years.

Those that are proud and happy about how they look?  Or what they have done and accomplished?  And have nothing to hide?

Are fine posting their pics and at least a limited amount of info about themselves.  For example Elon, podcasters, social media influencer's, celebs, athletes, etc.

It is people such as yourself who for some reason FIND IT SO OFFENSIVE to post even a pic of yourself.  Let alone anything about your history.

Do you know why?  Because 99% of the time people such as yourself, who are hyper critical of everyone but who offer nothing about themselves?

Have nothing to be proud of. You either are fat.  Ugly.  Broke.  In debt.  Or living in your moms basement.

In fact the reason why guys like you are on the internet so much is because you have nothing else going on in your life. 

Fact.

The fact is that you’re a man trolling the internet for pics of other men. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Hey, it’s okay.  I’m glad you’re comfortable with who you are. I mean, in 2024 you should be. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

There you go MM.  You want one?  Here is one.

As I have said many times now.  Guys like Mateo and kemp and Urias and Hayes are JAGS.  They have a proven track record of being average to below average players for many years in the major leagues.  By no MEANS WHATSOEVER are they going to be part of an O's winning future....if they have one. 

Guys like Heston and Holliday and Mayo and Stowers?  They are going to be part of an O's winning future...if they have one.  And not only that, but they are all doing very well in AAA.  So well in fact that almost any other team in baseball would have them playing on the major league team NOW.  TODAY.  Especially when every win is crucial due to the difficulty of the AL East.

But nope.  Guys like you support....as I said in the OP.....saving some service time (IE $$$$) 5 years from now WHEN WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT WILL HAPPEN....compared to trying to get every win and a WS win THIS YEAR.

I get it you are a conservative guy.   You should be a librarian. 

Where's my post saying that I support keeping the young guys down? The post you're responding to was me saying you shouldn't extrapolate from the first 10 days of the season to prove what will happen the rest of the year.

My preference would be that Urias was traded by now and Kemp was never signed, opening up spots for Mayo and Holliday who I believe would be better helps to the MLB club. That doesn't solve the problem for Stowers/Kjerstad/Norby, but they'll have their chances as well. 

I don't blindly agree with the decisions that have been made, but I'm also not outraged by them or convinced they'll be the downfall of the team. There's some space between those two things. You may not get that, but that's why you wouldn't be a very good librarian.

• Upvote 1