4/6 - at Pittsburgh

Terrible decision by Hyde.

You have to know your players better than this. Why not Coulombe to start the inning? Even if you can't go to Cano again, Baumann is not high on my list of relievers I want in this situation. 

Not sure why Kimbrell was used in the bottom of 9th either. Just a weird combination.

Oh well, nice little comeback. Perhaps Hyde needed this to happen so he can understand how to use Baumann, and that's not in high leverage high pressure situations. 

• Upvote 2

Just more proof that we REALLY should have either signed some more pitching in the offseason or have traded either established vets (Hays, Santander, Mateo, Urias, etc) OR some of the blocked and/or talented kids (Stowers, Norby or anyone but Mayo/Holliday/Bas) to shore up our pitching.  Either another starter to two, allowing up to move some starters to the pen, or direct pen helps.  Hording all this talent may end up biting us a bit.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Billy F-Face3 said:

I still don't know why Baumann was the choice in that spot. Should have been Cano or even Coulombe. Is something wrong with Cano thay we don't know about?

Probably limiting his appearances based on how much he wore down last year.

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Terrible decision by Hyde.

You have to know your players better than this. Why not Coulombe to start the inning? Even if you can't go to Cano again, Baumann is not high on my list of relievers I want in this situation. 

Not sure why Kimbrell was used in the bottom of 9th either. Just a weird combination.

Oh well, nice little comeback. Perhaps Hyde needed this to happen so he can understand how to use Baumann, and that's not in high leverage high pressure situations. 

If Cano is unavailable than 100% he should’ve gone Coulombe. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, TopGunnar said:

I love this team but honest to God, I can’t consider them a contender when guys like Baumann are considered an important part of the team 

I have to think there will be at least one trade to bolster the bullpen this season. The Orioles definitely should have done more before this season given Felix Bautista's injury.