Brandon Hyde 2024

15 minutes ago, Safelykept said:

OK he has more qualifications than Altobelli did. Pre 1983 no division titles no playoffs, he was 3B coach the year before, and I believe those are Facts.

I honestly don't understand the correlation.

You thought Joe Altobelli was a good to very good manager?

I mean he was.....average.  At best.

I want to understand why you believe Hyde can lead the Os to a WS championship.....or many. 

Edited by OnlyOneOriole

4 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

I want to understand why you believe Hyde can lead the Os to a WS championship.....or many. 

No it what it is. The inference is you dont need to be some mythical qualified Manager to win a WS

2 hours ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

LOL I give you Earl Weaver and Buck S because I promise you that those teams would not have been nearly as good without them.

But you keep arguing with me just because...it is me. 

I could care less. 

Buck made a huge impact off the field. His in game managing was the same as everyone else.

13 minutes ago, Safelykept said:

No it what it is. The inference is you dont need to be some mythical qualified Manager to win a WS

Unless you have overwhelming talent?  I do believe a manager plays a decent to large part in how a team plays.

You can disagree with that and that is fine.  But having played with many managers/coaches?  It makes a huge difference imo.

37 minutes ago, Safelykept said:

OK he has more qualifications than Altobelli did. Pre 1983 no division titles no playoffs, he was 3B coach the year before, and I believe those are Facts.

What does that have to do with keeping Hyde on as manager?

18 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Unless you have overwhelming talent?  I do believe a manager plays a decent to large part in how a team plays.

You can disagree with that and that is fine.  But having played with many managers/coaches?  It makes a huge difference imo.

Did you play with Hyde or Altobelli? Why with the question marks? I can troll too.

LOL I give you Earl Weaver and Buck S because I promise you that those teams would not have been nearly as good without them.

But you keep arguing with me just because...it is me. 

I could care less. 

This is what's called opinion, sir.

Edited by drjohnnyfever1

22 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Eh, if Soto executes Hyde looks fine. He had to get one guy out, he didn't do it and the whole thing snowballed out of control.

Wait a second. Soto didn't fail "to get one guy out". That guy got a hit, then the next 4 -- FOUR! -- guys got on, including a homer and 2 doubles! And Hyde sat (I know there's a 3-batter minimum.). Things "snowballed" because Hyde brought the snowplow, gave Soto the keys, and walked back in the house to drink hot chocolate. 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, daveyj15 said:

Wait a second. Soto didn't fail "to get one guy out". That guy got a hit, then the next 4 -- FOUR! -- guys got on, including a homer and 2 doubles! And Hyde sat (I know there's a 3-batter minimum.). Things "snowballed" because Hyde brought the snowplow, gave Soto the keys, and walked back in the house to drink hot chocolate. 

You don’t burn through your relievers there.  He had used Suarez, Smith and by then Soto.  Webb was not available so that is 4 guys who were already not available.  

If you're saying Altobelli was average at best...then it goes to show you can win a WS with an average, at best, manager.  

And if you think Hyde is average at best, well then it would appear that you should support Hyde since you're aware that he can win a World Series.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

If you're saying Altobelli was average at best...then it goes to show you can win a WS with an average, at best, manager.  

And if you think Hyde is average at best, well then it would appear that you should support Hyde since you're aware that he can win a World Series.

It's 1+1 level math.

1 hour ago, daveyj15 said:

Soto gets that out about 75% of the time. If Soto had gotten his guy, he would not have had to throw another pitch. As it turned out, he had to stay in due to the three batter rule.