Jackson Baumeister 2024

Frobby

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

The nerve of you wanting to see more strikes!

If he’d previously pitched for Nebraska, I wouldn’t care about the strikes.  But since he pitched for Florida State, I do care.  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Frobby said:

Pretty good effort from Baumeister tonight: 4.2 IP, 0 R, 4 H, 3 BB, 7 K’s.  43 of 72 pitches for strikes.  You’d like to see fewer walks/more strikes, but I’m glad to see 15.4 P/IP.   

I got to see a few IP.  Most (all?) of the bad stuff happened early because he he was throwing a lot strikes when I was watching.  Some good benders mixed in too.

• 2 weeks later...

Very similar outing to the May 22 one today.  4.2 IP, 0 R, 3 H, 2 BB, 3 K’s.  64 pitches, 38 strikes.  Honestly I dont know why they pulled him instead of letting him finish the 5th. He’s thrown 70+ pitches in all but one previous outing and he’d gotten the first two batters in the 5th.  

Anyway, that’s 6 out of 10 outings where he hasn’t allowed an earned run, including his last three outings.  His ERA is down to a tidy 1.89.  You’d like to see him throwing a few more strikes but he’s pretty tough to hit. And, he hasn’t allowed a single homer in ten outings. 

Decent outing for Baumeister tonight: 5 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 6 K’s.   Not exactly filling up the strike zone (76 pitches, 40 strikes) but his pitch count stayed pretty low anyway.  ERA holding at 1.88.