That was such a fun game to watch

So this was the first game I've been able to just sit down and watch (i've been paying attention from the side). Man... these guys are so good... so much talent. What a time to be an Orioles fan!

Okay quick couple non-consequential thoughts
1. Keegan Akin was amazing. He threw a couple pitchers that I was like, 'whu?'... the way they shook in and hit right on the spot. Crazy! I could see how he could blow out though if his arm got weak or he was just off. He threw some crazy balls as well as the strikes

2. Gunnars mustache - ehh.. yeah dude shave it or grow a beard. But you know.. whatever

3. That gal sports announcer was driving me nuts talking about gunnar and jackson and dying their hair and .. omg.. stop... pls. mercy... 

Im so excited for this season.

• Upvote 3

Wasn’t much fun and then it became a lot of fun.  A lot of missed opportunities and Holliday with not the best debut but enough big hits and dominant bullpen work.  Kimbrel looks amazing so far.

• Upvote 1

Such a fun team. Listen, if you guys have the opportunity and aren’t at work or with family, this team is going to be so damn fun this year to watch. These young O’s play with such joy, it’s a thing of beauty. It really is what the game is supposed to be. As Westy was saying, they’ve come up together, are at the big leagues together and just enjoy coming to work every day. It’s really a rarity in this business and man is it a fun ride every night. 

im so glad you enjoyed the game and I hope you have time for many more this year!

The last couple of seasons have been building up to something special. The 2012-2016 years were fun simply because it had been so long. This is different... especially for those of us that are getting a little older. They're young, so there's going to be some frustration, but I think it's going to be worth it to see how far they can go.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

The last couple of seasons have been building up to something special. The 2012-2016 years were fun simply because it had been so long. This is different... especially for those of us that are getting a little older. They're young, so there's going to be some frustration, but I think it's going to be worth it to see how far they can go.

I can't believe 2014 was 10 years ago.

• Upvote 2

What a win! Cowser is quickly becoming my favorite player! 

I'm in my early 30s, so all I really "have" is 2012 - 2016. This organization has a chance to put something much better than that together over a longer timeframe. It's fun to finally be able to feel close to that again. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, jcaponio said:

It’s amazing that Westburg was able to have that game after several posters on here last night were acting like he secretly had his leg amputated. 

You didn't notice the pegleg? 

• Haha 2

A couple pitch calls bothered me.  Irvin’s  best pitch all night was the 2 seam fastball running back in on the inside corner.  They throw 3 in a row to Devers.  He misses two and fights the third one off.  Just keep going in there.  Nope.  Rutschman calls for the curve/sweeper away.  Gets too much of the plate and, thankfully, Devers hits it to the deepest part of the park to Cedric.  Devers was shaking his head like Mountcastle does when he hits a homer that’s not a homer at home.

2-0 pitch to Casas.  Again, go inner half.  Nope.  Outer half so Casas can hit a routine fly ball Fenway homer to LF.

And lastly.  Conner Wong up.  Holliday is playing almost behind 2B.  Mountcastle playing normal 1B position.  There’s a hole as wide as the Grand Canyon on the right side.  2 outs and I believe 2 strikes on Wong.  Low and away fastball?  Really?   Here, Mr. Wong.  Would you a pitch that begs you to ground it through the right side?

That is all.  Great win!  LOL

Edited by RZNJ
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, jcaponio said:

It’s amazing that Westburg was able to have that game after several posters on here last night were acting like he secretly had his leg amputated. 

Some folks wondering if him being injured is the reason why Jax was called up = them acting like his leg was amputated.

Got it....

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, dystopia said:

I can't believe 2014 was 10 years ago.

I really thought that was going to be the best team I'd ever see in Baltimore. They were really good.

You can stop reminding me  that it was 10 years ago though. It seems like yesterday.

I should have mentioned Gunnars triple... And that has been the second time he got underneath the ball like that. He had that picture figured out and that picture was good. But he laid it out right in the middle and Henderson jumped on it and just drove it.  so awesome

56 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

I really thought that was going to be the best team I'd ever see in Baltimore. They were really good.

You can stop reminding me  that it was 10 years ago though. It seems like yesterday.

Every so often I’ll go back to the Delmon Young double and relive that moment. That was the single greatest sports moment of my life.