That was such a fun game to watch

14 hours ago, MTMan13 said:

What a win! Cowser is quickly becoming my favorite player! 

I'm in my early 30s, so all I really "have" is 2012 - 2016. This organization has a chance to put something much better than that together over a longer timeframe. It's fun to finally be able to feel close to that again. 

Depending on how early in your 30s you are, the 1996 and 1997 seasons were solid. But as a guy in his late 30s, that's all I got beyond the 2012-2016 stretch, but I'm hopeful this will be more reminiscent to the stretch this team had before either of us were born in the late 60s through the early 80s. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, ThisIsBirdland said:

There really are some unique complaints about this woman on this forum sometimes. 

My biggest irritation was that she talked about everything except for actual baseball. The guys would talk about the game and the stats and then she'd talk about silly entertainment weekly type stuff. 

I guess I get it if you're wanting to bring more chicks into watching baseball cuz girls typically like to talk relationships and social stuff. But as for me I'm like.. can we please just get back to the baseball?

Lol.. at the same time, I'm kind of opinionated about Gunnars mustache looking bad so I guess I engage with my own flavor of silliness as well.

In my long life, I have never seen an inning like last night's (6th??)...passed balls, wild pitch, catcher's interference at any level above little league. Where is Alex Cora?? He doesn't try settle things down? The night before he kept a reliever in that was getting battered. Same thing, he just watches. At this point, the Sox, to my eyes don't seem like much. Cora even less.

The O's are completing their 4th series today....Angels, Royals, Pirates and Sox....Not talking offense, but the defense I've seen from those 4 teams are incredibly inferior to the O's and the O's have not been at their very best (Gunnar has to learn to eat the ball once in a while on no chance plays).

23 hours ago, jamalshw said:

Depending on how early in your 30s you are, the 1996 and 1997 seasons were solid. But as a guy in his late 30s, that's all I got beyond the 2012-2016 stretch, but I'm hopeful this will be more reminiscent to the stretch this team had before either of us were born in the late 60s through the early 80s. 

I’m early 30s. There’s pictures in my parents house of my first O’s game sharing a foot long hot dog with my father sitting in the nose bleeds somewhere around the mid 90s timeframe, but unfortunately don’t remember much of anything!

The Miguel Tejada / Brian Roberts / Melvin Mora teams were the ones I “grew up with” and first began watching every game. Have been with the team through the thick and thin since. 

Those Orioles Way teams of the 60s-80s you mention are the ones the elder generations of my family always talk about, and something I want to be able to share with my future children some day! 

• Upvote 1

I will admit, as a 60 year old, that I thought I had pretty much seen the only great Oriole teams I was gonna see. I thoroughly enjoyed 96-97 but PA messed that up. And 12-16 was awesome but it always seemed like we were just short. 

60’s-early 80’s, we expected to be good most years. In the way that Yankee fans do today. 

One thing I’d like to remind everyone. If I could go back and tell my young self anything about those days it would be this. 

Appreciate this time and enjoy it. Yes losing in the WS in ‘79 hurt but it was absolute heaven compared to the dark run of 14 years of total suckitude. 

This is a great time. We have a fantastic team, likeable players, a pretty damn good manager, one of the games best GMs, one of the best farm systems and we hope to find out we have one of the games best owners.  

Im not saying fans shouldn’t fan. Everyone should feel free to complain about whatever. But, don’t forget to enjoy this. Because it’s not guaranteed. No matter what we think the future holds. 

I am certain when Cal Ripken, Jr caught the final out in the 1983 World Series, he thought it was the first of many titles. I know I did. 

I was wrong. And I intend to enjoy every game of this. Win or lose. And feeling that way has made me almost laugh in these late inning comebacks like last night. 

Yes we will lose on an errant throw from Gunner occasionally. But I believe in this organization and I think it is finally driving in the right direction. 

It’s a great time to be an Oriole fan and I can’t wait to use my ticket plan to see my first game of the year on 4/29 against the MF Skankees. 

• Upvote 1

O's caught a huge break when the second base umpire called Jackson safe (rightfully so) in the ninth. No challenges left. Perhaps Hyde set the umpire up with the previous challenge. I lived a long life with the phantom play at second base, glad it wasn't called this time...Cold, late in the game...kudos to the ump.