4/14 vs. Brewers

Morgan423

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• FIve more shutout innings this afternoon. Thomas Sosa backed him with another HR, but the bullpen couldn't hold it.
    • I think he is most at risk from Mayo. Both RHB power hitters with no real spot other than 1B/DH, and they can't platoon with each other. Mayo could maybe play 3B but Westburg is doing well there. Westburg could shift to 2B, but Mateo is playing well and even if he stops hitting his versatility is needed to cover a variety of other positions. At the end of the day, it seems like Mountcastle is the one blocking Mayo.
    • High praise from Eric Longenhagen, who put him in Others who earned Consideration on his MLB-wide Top 100 mid-May update published today at Fangraphs. https://blogs.fangraphs.com/a-top-100-prospects-update/ Holliday 1, Basallo 9, Mayo 22, Kjerstad 26, Povich 92 the other Orioles placements. Brandon Young, RHP, Baltimore Orioles   Young has had a little velocity bump and has been utterly dominant at Double-A Bowie. His fastball has always had big vertical break, but now it’s more often 93-94 mph, up from 91-92. He has a well-defined four-pitch mix and plus command, though only his changeup is generating a plus rate of swing-and-miss and Young locates that pitch in the zone much more often than is typical of a big league pitcher. He’s a near-ready starter but let’s see him sustain the velo bump all year before considering him a mid-rotation prospect.  
    • Gunner, Bradish, Grayson, Adley   honestly … I’d like them to resign Burnes … but I think it’s as likely as me hitting the Powerball when the jackpot reaches a billion dollars 
    • I don't see Mountcastle going anywhere and expect he'll be on the team next year. Maybe at some point he ends up not being an everyday player, but I think Santander will be gone next year and depending on trade deadline moves we could see a top prospect or two traded.
    • So he’s probably looking at 8-10 years at $25-35 million per
    • Mounty isn't really catching that much flack in this thread. The main comment is that Ryan is who he is at this point...a streaky, low OBP hitter with some pop. He's amazing to watch when he's on a hot streak, but can have extended slumps where he looks pretty bad at the plate. He and Santander are similar in many ways. But so far the Monty flack has been pretty light. 
  • Popular Contributors