4/15: Twins limp into town with key players on IL

SteveA

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Wonder if that's a consequence of a long time shortstop playing 2B for the first time.   First base must look so close, it doesn't "feel" right to wing it like you would in a lifetime of playing short.

He made those type of throws at SS in the minors, as well. He just does that

11 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Baseball. Cowser hot as crap and now looks like he's never seen a changeup or breaking ball outside.

I get the feeling this might be the kind of hitter Cowser will be for awhile.  Up and down. 

Also, lots of young aggressive hitters is a good thing, but the down side is the team is last in the league in walks.  That should change but who knows when.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Hyde is too worried about relievers who give up a few hits. I get it in close games, but up by four? 

I see your point but with two RHB coming up and Akin's career splits, I'm OK with Cano there. But I am pretty biased against Akin for some reason

Just now, Aristotelian said:

I see your point but with two RHB coming up and Akin's career splits, I'm OK with Cano there. But I am pretty biased against Akin for some reason

He does have a history of failure so can't blame you.

2 minutes ago, EddeeEddee said:

I get the feeling this might be the kind of hitter Cowser will be for awhile.  Up and down. 

Also, lots of young aggressive hitters is a good thing, but the down side is the team is last in the league in walks.  That should change but who knows when.

Reminds me of the Buck days!

Jones and Schoop and company.

When Mountcastle is leading the team in walks...

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Reminds me of the Buck days!

Jones and Schoop and company.

When Mountcastle is leading the team in walks...

Hard to argue the overall results.  It’s a different league than even 5 years ago. Hitters do not want to get behind. 

Just now, baltfan said:

Hard to argue the overall results.  It’s a different league than even 5 years ago. Hitters do not want to get behind. 

Oh I'm fine with it.

Results are what matters.

Just funny how people were up in arms about it back in the day and don't say anything now.

1 minute ago, baltfan said:

We've faced some good pitching. We haven't faced a lot of pitchers who are wild.

• Upvote 1