David Rubenstein 2024

Hopefully he can fix some little things also. Paper towels in the men's room after the fifth inning if they have over 25,000 fans ,they run out for years. The bathroom faucet in the bathroom I go to has been broke since at least the second gane. I guess they have to wait for the $500 million in stadium improvements to fix it.

2 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Hopefully he can fix some little things also. Paper towels in the men's room after the fifth inning if they have over 25,000 fans ,they run out for years. The bathroom faucet in the bathroom I go to has been broke since at least the second gane. I guess they have to wait for the $500 million in stadium improvements to fix it.

I sent my obligatory annual email complaining about concessions after the game Friday night. Two stands had run out of Italian sausages and one of brats by the 4th inning, but neither let you know until you got to the front after waiting for 5 min in line. 
Concessions management has been pathetic since the pandemic.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, survivedc said:

I sent my obligatory annual email complaining about concessions after the game Friday night. Two stands had run out of Italian sausages and one of brats by the 4th inning, but neither let you know until you got to the front after waiting for 5 min in line. 
Concessions management has been pathetic since the pandemic.

I have seen no change in the basics of the ballpark and maintenance and concession management. But he just was approved to buy the team and will see where we are after a year. Concession is not really run by the Orioles but have approval rights.

Just now, .500_OR_BETTER said:

A new PA person and system would be great too.

She makes a mistake almost every game I am at. Yesterday she said Austin Hays has moved to centerfield. Sure looked like Mullins to me.Never corrects anything either.

The Oriole lineup on the scoreboard (orange and black) is really tough to see during a day game. Not like the scoreboard is high definition. I think they are still using picture tubes.

46 minutes ago, dzorange said:

If we're going to wait a bit on any Henderson, Holliday, or Rutschman extension... I'd like to see Rubenstein make extending Kevin Brown a priority. If for no other reason than to show that this organization will be run differently than the previous regime, and good employees will be rewarded.

We really can’t afford to “wait a bit”. Those things (if they can even be done) need to happen now. For every day that passes, that’s one step closer for them to FA. And it decreases their interest in an extension.

27 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

Isnt Thorne like pushing 80 now. I dont think he's coming back but  I did like him alot. 

He is a spry 75!   Not even old enough yet to run for President in the US.  ;)

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

She makes a mistake almost every game I am at. Yesterday she said Austin Hays has moved to centerfield. Sure looked like Mullins to me.Never corrects anything either.

The Oriole lineup on the scoreboard (orange and black) is really tough to see during a day game. Not like the scoreboard is high definition. I think they are still using picture tubes.

She’s absolutely awful.

1 hour ago, jabba72 said:

It was Cal pretending thats where his office is. Rubenstein sent some fans into a frenzy thinking an extension was being signed there. 

Rubenstein didn’t do anything.   Anyone who thought that is the type of person who thinks if a pretty girl says hello to them they’ll accept a marriage proposal.  

• Haha 2

In the next month or so, I would like to see DR come out and outline some of his plans. I know he spoke generally about ballpark improvements and the ground lease, and I expect he is focused mainly on that, while greenlighting whatever Elias wants to do baseball-wise. 

But it would be cool to get updates here and there, or some press interviews, etc. Not a requirement, though, because believe me I am also fine with a very quiet owner. But seeing as he and the team have come up with this "Next Chapter" marketing thing after the sale, I do kind of expect some updates from him here and there. 

Edited by interloper
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dzorange said:

If we're going to wait a bit on any Henderson, Holliday, or Rutschman extension... I'd like to see Rubenstein make extending Kevin Brown a priority. If for no other reason than to show that this organization will be run differently than the previous regime, and good employees will be rewarded.

I agree and also for Ben.

• Upvote 1

This would be fine by me.I know some people said they don't want a bigger scoreboard  Also Nationals Park is upgrading the speaker system but didn't finish the whole upgrade for this  season.

The offseason upgrades (off-the-field variety) that could have the biggest effect on fan experience are to the scoreboard displays in the ballpark. The Nationals replaced their main scoreboard, their out-of-town scoreboard in right-center field and their ribbon boards with state-of-the-art LED displays that feature much higher resolution than the previous models. The size of the main scoreboard is unchanged, but the difference in quality is noticeable, and the clearer and brighter display will feature enhanced statistics and graphics.

Burnes extension is priority #1. Even over Gunnar. We have other bats in our system to carry a lineup 1-9. We have some SP in the minors, but it’s more backend guys. It’s not like Basallo, Mayo, Kjerstad and EBJ. 

Edited by sportsfan8703

2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Burnes extension is priority #1. Even over Gunnar. We have other bats in our system to carry a lineup 1-9. We have some SP in the minors, but it’s more backend guys. It’s not like Basallo, Mayo, Kjerstad and EBJ. 

I like your posts and not trying to dunk here, but I feel like you gotta get off the Burnes extension train. That train is going right off the cliff like Back to the Future 3. The guy is adamant on testing FA. He's going to get around $300 million from somebody, and he might as well field all offers (Orioles included, though don't hold your breath). Why would he limit his market as THE top free agent SP in the game?

• Upvote 1