David Rubenstein 2024

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

I like your posts and not trying to dunk here, but I feel like you gotta get off the Burnes extension train. That train is going right off the cliff like Back to the Future 3. The guy is adamant on testing FA. He's going to get around $300 million from somebody, and he might as well field all offers (Orioles included, though don't hold your breath). Why would he limit his market as THE top free agent SP in the game?

This.  We have zero chance of signing Burnes before free agency.  And I have very mixed feelings about signing guys like Burnes as a FA.   They’re ticking time bombs, no matter how good they are.   

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Burnes extension is priority #1. Even over Gunnar. We have other bats in our system to carry a lineup 1-9. We have some SP in the minors, but it’s more backend guys. It’s not like Basallo, Mayo, Kjerstad and EBJ. 

I think DR could well be the coolest thing for the O's since the '83 World Series title, and he is a successful human, who probably became successful because of wise investing and keeping projects within a budget. I would love DR to have endless resources and sign everyone possible, but I do not see any way we keep Burnes and a substantial number of our home grown Birds. John Angelos sounded defeatist at times, yet, he had a point about how many times Baltimore can drop 300 million dollar contracts. I love Burnes in orange and black. According to my wife, I probably love Burnes at an unreasonable level.

However, I don't see any way we can keep him.

And maybe we shouldn't.

Pitchers break down way too much (setting aside modern pitch count debates).

The Astros plan did include overspending for a starter or two, I'm just not sure that's our O's, even with DR.

Was just flipping through the channels and I came across The David Rubenstein Show that airs on Bloomberg TV. (He was interviewing Jane Goodall)  clearly he’s been doing it for a while because this was season 9.

I have Fubo now and I don’t remember the Bloomberg network on other services I have had in the past.

Makes me wonder a few things:

1) Were Bloomberg and Rubenstein behind MASN going to Fubo?

2) wonder if Os games eventually end up on the Bloomberg network and their app?

Edited by Sports Guy

49 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Was just flipping through the channels and I came across The David Rubenstein Show that airs on Bloomberg TV. (He was interviewing Jane Goodall)  clearly he’s been doing it for a while because this was season 9.

I have Fubo now and I don’t remember the Bloomberg network on other services I have had in the past.

How’d you like the show?   

I don’t know exactly what they’ll do or how they’ll do it, but I’m expecting Rubenstein and Bloomberg to team up and make huge progress on the mess that is MASN.   Both legally and production-wise.   I think it’s a huge priority for Rubenstein.  

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I don’t know exactly what they’ll do or how they’ll do it, but I’m expecting Rubenstein and Bloomberg to team up and make huge progress on the mess that is MASN.   Both legally and production-wise.   I think it’s a huge priority for Rubenstein.  

I sure hope you are right!!!! MASN is beyond mess.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

How’d you like the show?   

I didn’t watch it. Just saw the listing in the guide and turned it on for like 10 seconds. 

7 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Bloomberg is on Comcasr. Doesn't get the rating of CNBC or FOX Financial Network.

• 2 weeks later...