Tyler Wells goes on IL with right elbow inflammation. Update: Albert Suarez will start today's 1pm start.

DirtyBird

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

But if @Orioles0615was suggesting we could just reactivate Means instead of calling up someone from the minors, I think Means has not looked ready for that.  

Yeah nah definitely not. Means has looked severely mediocre and probably will need the full rehab time. 

46 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Couldn’t be, since he pitched on Saturday.  But I wonder if they’ll consider skipping his Thursday turn for Norfolk and using him on the road trip.  

They adjusted the schedule this week, he was set to throw Saturday in Jacksonville.  It has since moved back to Friday with the Suarez call up.  

Skipping Thursday doesn't make sense as the road swing ends Wednesday.  

Angles on the road with short rest or A's at home with an extra day.  Makes more sense for the home debut but very doubtful either happens as it stands now.  

2 minutes ago, HuskerFan said:

They adjusted the schedule this week, he was set to throw Saturday in Jacksonville.  It has since moved back to Friday with the Suarez call up.  

Skipping Thursday doesn't make sense as the road swing ends Wednesday.  

Angles on the road with short rest or A's at home with an extra day.  Makes more sense for the home debut but very doubtful either happens as it stands now.  

I wasn’t thinking clearly when I said they might skip his “Thursday start.”  He never would have pitched for Norfolk before Friday.  Anyway, from your info it looks like he’s staying in Norfolk for now.  I think that’s the right move development-wise; he’s off to a very good start, but let him continue to build on it.  Plus, he’s a guy who when they call him up, they’ll be hopeful he will pitch well enough to stay up, and won’t want to yo-yo him.

34 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Glad it's,Suarez and not Zimmermann.  Maybe he can give us 4 innings but more likely 3 and the offense stays hot.

I have a funny feeling. I think he’s going to give us 6-7. It’s a great matchup for him and he has much to prove.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Explosivo said:

I have a funny feeling. I think he’s going to give us 6-7. It’s a great matchup for him and he has much to prove.

You are right that it’s a good matchup, with the Twins slumping and missing various players.  Hopefully he can take advantage.  I was at the spring training game where he dominated the Phillies, so I’ve seen what he can do when he’s at his best.  I doubt Hyde sends him out there past 5 innings no matter what, but he’s thrown 6 IP for Norfolk this year, so we’ll see how it goes.  

• Tony-OH changed the title to Tyler Wells goes on IL with right elbow inflammation. Update: Albert Suarez will start today's 1pm start.
43 minutes ago, Frobby said:

You are right that it’s a good matchup, with the Twins slumping and missing various players.  Hopefully he can take advantage.  I was at the spring training game where he dominated the Phillies, so I’ve seen what he can do when he’s at his best.  I doubt Hyde sends him out there past 5 innings no matter what, but he’s thrown 6 IP for Norfolk this year, so we’ll see how it goes.  

You’re probably right. Hyde has great trust in his bullpen but if the bats continue and we are up big and he’s dealing. I could see them riding their horse for 6-7. I’m just so damn excited for the kid. This is such a huge make or break moment for him.

13 minutes ago, Explosivo said:

You’re probably right. Hyde has great trust in his bullpen but if the bats continue and we are up big and he’s dealing. I could see them riding their horse for 6-7. I’m just so damn excited for the kid. This is such a huge make or break moment for him.

He’s no kid.  He’s 34.