Kjerstad Joining Team

31 minutes ago, baltfan said:

First game up this season.  He played a whole 2 games in the field in the MLB last year and might have been a little nervous that it is a sign that the team doesn't trust him in the field.  

Can't imagine why they wouldn't trust him.

28 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Good catch.   The announcers said he missed the first cutoff man and I accepted that but I just watched it again and Holliday isn’t in position.

On the other hand, a more experienced or heads up OF realizes he should just one hop a throw to Henderson covering 2B to keep the hitter from advancing.

Having the benefit of replay it's obvious that it's not HJ's throw that is at fault, although as you noted he should have thrown it in to Gunnar when he reliazed he didn't have a 1 cut.

The bigger issue to me is Holliday learning to play 2b, he either froze watching the play or thought he had to cover?  Either way he was no where near the cut line.

I'm a homer for Palmer but that was a really bad call blaming HK for missing the cut.

On 4/23/2024 at 12:08 PM, deward said:

Are you talking about the one he hit into the Crawford boxes in left? I don't think he hit one out to right in Houston. Unless you're talking about a college game maybe.

Details details.. haha