Tue Apr 23: Orioles send 7 top-42 picks from the last 6 drafts out to face the Angels

SteveA

1 minute ago, Malike said:

Jim usually calls Irvin, Irving. He just called him Irwing. Cole must be like dude wtf.

Maybe he looks like the guy that told Palmer he looked him up and he wasn’t that great. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Mookie Betts has gotten more than 2/3 good years on his extension. Look at what Boston has been (and will most probably continue to be) since they traded him. Same for Bryce Harper with Philly (despite his injuries). I agree that for almost all longer term contracts, you will get diminishing returns toward the back end. But that’s the cost of doing business in modern day MLB. If Elias and Sig are as good at drafting and developing as they appear to be, by the time Gunnar and Adley begin to age/deteriorate, we should already have other players to help buffer them.  I just don’t think that it is in any way realistic to think that you can continue to replace “special” talent. Nor do I think that it is helpful for any orgs relationship with their fanbase to continue to operate on the cheap. It’s not like the fans will be given a discount if the org spends less money. The fans don’t benefit from an owner not spending, it’s the owners profit margin solely that benefits in that scenario.
    • I’d be happier if we were actually having rain. 
    • Per usual......You can discount the words of perhaps the greatest Oriole of all time just to make internet drama.   I sir, will not. 
    • Maybe Brown can do a reprise this year for all his "fans" on the Hangout.
    • Just left the key part for those that don't care much for reading.
    • Baseball relies so much on mental and technical abilities that it makes it hard to judge against the other big 4 sports of football, Bball, and hockey.  Which are much more reliant on pure size or physical athletic ability. I think of baseball very similar to the way I think about golf.  Both involve hitting a very small ball with oddly shaped clubs.  It is not so much about pure athletic ability as it is repetition and mental strength.   Of course in the end the best athletes in baseball do well, but how many great golfers are there at age 20, 21, 22, or even 23?  Not many.   It really requires mental toughness as much as anything and as a 20 year old that can be hard to come by without experience.
    • Insufferable. The feigning of indignation that Ben McDonald couldn’t know who Blink-182 was stupid. 
  • Popular Contributors