Tue Apr 23: Orioles send 7 top-42 picks from the last 6 drafts out to face the Angels

SteveA

Just now, baltfan said:

I agree on this.  Hyde needs to get kicked out one of these days when the umps are crappy. 

I don't know if there is any evidence that a manager getting tossed, actually results in a better outcome than managing the game. I'm sure there is somewhere @DrungoHazewood or @Frobby would probably know.

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I don't want to hear any whining from umpires if they get put out of work thanks to robot umps. They did it to themselves with games like tonight.

It won't happen that way.  My theory is that robots will make the call, but union dues-paying umps will do the on-field theater.  And that will be a good thing.

3 minutes ago, deward said:

It's every game now...why has every ump turned into Angel Hernandez?? 

I think they are having a suck-in.  In protest of all the heat Angel Hernandez is getting for his own suck.  They are going to suck until the Fans and MLB stop proving they suck.

They are scared to go with totally robot umps because it would lead to dramatic statistical differences between robots and human umps.  They are scared to show us how horrible the humans always were.

2 minutes ago, Malike said:

I don't know if there is any evidence that a manager getting tossed, actually results in a better outcome than managing the game. I'm sure there is somewhere @DrungoHazewood or @Frobby would probably know.

1 minute ago, oriolediehard said:

I hope GRod isn't injured? His velocity was down?

It wasn’t. Zero sign he was injured.  Just sucked.