Holliday optioned, McKenna recalled

Brian88

Roch should be happy with this move.  In all seriousness, hopefully Urias turns it around as he has been swinging the bat awful all year.  He’s metrics are some of the worst in baseball-much worse then Hollidays.

Edited by EdwinRip

I hate this move, primarily because it brings back McKenna.  I'd much rather have seen someone brought up to keep Mateo and Urias from playing every day, like Norby.  Yeah, I know they might do the same Holliday struggles, but I'd still rather see that than McKenna.  I hope Holliday DESTROYS AAA pitching, gets his grove back, and is back up soon to stay.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

FFS. Would have given Holliday more leeway to see if he could turn it around, but whatever, I get it. 

But McKenna? Seriously? Should have been Norby. Now we only have one backup infielder and Kjerstad’s playing time will be cut. I do not understand bringing McKenna back up. At all.

• Upvote 1

Yeah McKenna and Kjerstad together make no sense. I imagine McKenna goes back when Hays is ready. 

If McKenna starts at second vs rhe LH tomorrow, heads will explode in the lineup thread, I know that. 

1 minute ago, SilverRocket said:

McKenna is on the 40. It had to be either McKenna or Stowers.

I don’t think he was, he had cleared waivers before. That’s why they DFA Banuelos again, to get him back on. 

• Upvote 2