Sunday, April 28: A's vs Orioles

SteveA

Just now, Tony-OH said:

In his defense, he's not good and any normal manager pimch hits for him.

Tony I hope you can see how terrible of a manager Hyde is. I've been saying it since 2022.

He's made 3 of the worst decisions a manager can possibly make today:

1. Pinch hit your #3 hitter with one of the worst hitters in baseball - should have been an error on the catcher. McKenna contact was garbage and lucky.

2. Leave in a clearly injured pitcher to give up the lead and lose the game.

3. Refuse to pinch hit Mateo - one of the worst hitters in baseball -  in the 9th when you have 2 studs on the bench.

Hyde is an awful manager and this team wins despite his incompetence.

1 minute ago, Yossarian said:

What guarantee is there Bautista returns anywhere close to the level he was before the injury?

What guarantee is there that he returns at all? He may never pitch at the ML level again. Some just never recover from an injury like that. Or he may not return until 2026 or 2027, pissing away half his career re-injuring himself over and over in the minors. It's very typical these days. All this medical technology, all these stats, and we have essentially zero ability to keep guys healthy. It's incredible.

5 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

So company came over and I turned the game off... what's up with Kimbrel?  Does he look like he hurt himself?  Just ineffective? 

They said they will update about him after the game. It might be on MASN's Facebook or YouTube page if you can't tune in to the post game.

• Thanks 1

Kimbrel may be injured/overused. Fine. But I never thought he was a big-time closer. He had some good seasons. I just never thought this guy was really the deal. Perhaps it had to with that annoying stance he has.

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Oh well, this series loss is on Elias.

He went to war with this blow pen. Hoards offensive prospects and then wonders why his team loses leafs like it's their job.

He got his guy Kimbrel early in the off season, then did nothing after that. Yep, this is on Elias. Not reactionary either. This bullpen is awful.

Just now, eddie83 said:

I don’t get being mad at Hyde. It’s his fault about Kimbrel? 

It’s his fault he decided Westburg wasn’t playing well enough to start over Urias, day off or not.

its his fault he didn’t pinch hit effectively.

its his fault his bullpen usage is awful.

Its NOT his fault his bullpen isn’t very good, but everything else, yeah, is on him.

Hes fat. But he’s not good.

11 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

Elias and Hyde have made this team very good but also very vulnerable to late-inning implosion.

No, Kevin you're completely wrong. The Orioles didn't "have to use six relievers." Hyde chose to use six  relievers. He chooses to use six relievers pretty much every game. It can't be sustained, especially when you can't run guys back and forth to Norfolk. 

It must be the stat geeks running numbers saying guys throwing one inning a time is better than a guy going three innings.  It still hate it.