The Marlins are officially selling. Tanner Scott for Povich?

The Marlins are officially selling. Tanner Scott for Povich?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Tanner Scott for Povich?

• Yes
    • No

6 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

You’re talking about the OP hating on Povich. Your Santa hate is over the top also. 

The trade would have made sense. Both players UFA's after the season. Marlins needed some bats in the lineup. We had backlog of players to fill the RF/DH role.

Not quite the same as moving a 24 yo starter who is performing well at AAA

59 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

He accomplished his goal. Got your attention. He believes Povich is Bruce Zimmerman caliber, but want people who aren't on the Minor League board to know that opinion.

Nope that’s not the case brother. Seperate topics. You don’t think a team would ask for our best pitching prospect in a trade?  Especially if Holliday, Basallo, and Mayo, are untouchable. 

20 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Nope that’s not the case brother. Seperate topics. You don’t think a team would ask for our best pitching prospect in a trade?  Especially if Holliday, Basallo, and Mayo, are untouchable. 

I think they would ask…. But getting is another story. I mentioned 4 losses in 14 games. Not breaking the bank for that.

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Imagine neg repping someone for an opinion on a discussion board. That’s a little…

I’m not afraid to have opinions against group think. The board gets boring if all we do is talk about Mason Miller or bust. 

Who's talking about Mason Miller or bust?

2 hours ago, Morgan423 said:

I think that if you're looking out beyond this season, you have to add to the calculation that there's maybe a 2% chance Means returns after this season, and probably only a 0.000001% chance that Burnes does.  So the SP log jam isn't quite as jammy as it currently appears.  

I agree about moving forward. What I was saying is Elias doesn't DFA guys on a whim. Most of what is here right now doesn't have any options and will likely fill some of the BP rolls. The quality of filling is questionable at the moment.

2 hours ago, RZNJ said:

2024 Scott wouldn’t help much if at all.  2023 Scott was one of the elite relievers in the game.   If you believe the 2023 version is just waiting to break out after a bad start he makes sense, no matter where he slots in the bullpen.

This is why it’s smart to wait until closer to the trade deadline to buy bullpen help. It may be more expensive, but you have a much better idea of what kind of pitcher you’re trading for and what help you need. Relief pitchers are just so volatile from year to year. If we would have tried to trade for Scott during the offseason, we would have had to overpay thinking he could be the same guy as last year, and then we’d be really disappointed with the way he’s pitched so far this year. I enjoy all of these different trade scenarios, but I’d have to see a relief pitcher pitch well this year before I’d be willing to give up anything close to Povich. Povich himself could end up being the help we need in the bullpen later in the season. 

2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

DirtyBird is just a troll. Read his comment history. Nothing of value has ever been offered to a discussion. Facebook/twitter level responses. 

Your poll is now at 114 - 1.

No serious discussion is warranted here.

Promising arms are something the O's have traded away too much of in the past. 

I can't imagine trading one of our top pitching prospects close to the majors unless it's for someone like Mason Miller, or a top starting pitcher for this season and/or next and beyond.  

52 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

Scott 2024: 9.7 BB9, 8.3 K9 in 13 innings.

Hard pass on anything but a lower level prospect. I dont see Elias even wanting him with those numbers. 

Sure, and Bendix will hold onto him hoping he gets on a roll and if that happens then you won’t want to pay that price either.