On MLB just now the host were asking what should Baltimore give up to get Miller from the A's

Gurgi

Man this is a tough one.  Yes you could trade for a elite stud who may, or may not put you over the top.  But do you give up a potential stud and a cheap replacement like a Heston K or a younger guy for the next 5 years?

This is why Elias gets paid the big bucks. 

I fully admit that Miller looks completely and utterly awesome.

On 5/8/2024 at 6:02 PM, Gurgi said:

Pretty much they assumed anyone is for sale on the A's and they went into detail of who Baltimore should give up for Miller.

One said Westburg one said Cowser one said Kjerstad.  One guy said no way they could give up Cowser he was too much.  I also get the idea they think this was just the main part of the trade but that Oakland should expect more.

They did say Westburg and Cowser together was too much to give up.  

One guy said no to Cowser because he could be an MVP one day.

This is why Elias is where he is and why these guys are on TV.  Lol … good grief, no , no way… the closer situation will be solved internally hopefully or with much cheaper deadline rental. 

4 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

This is why Elias is where he is and why these guys are on TV.  Lol … good grief, no , no way… the closer situation will be solved internally hopefully or with much cheaper deadline rental. 

Maybe Fujinami will be available!

• Haha 1

I don't begrudge anyone for whatever side that you take (if you have chosen one). I just hope that the Orioles as an organization have thrown out whatever decision making matrix that led to acquiring Fujinama at last year's deadline. That was an utter and object failure. 

Our team deserves better than that type of gamble this year.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Well if you told me that he will be elite level high leverage reliever for the next 5 years, I wouldn’t hesitate to trade Kjerstad for him. That’s extremely valuable in todays game.

If we have a lead in the 6th and beyond, we need to hold the lead.  A bad bullpen will keep us out of the playoffs.  Kimbrel single handedly will keep the O's out of the playoffs.  The MFY's hope the O's keep using Kimbrel!!

1 minute ago, oriolediehard said:

If we have a lead in the 6th and beyond, we need to hold the lead.  A bad bullpen will keep us out of the playoffs.  Kimbrel single handedly will keep the O's out of the playoffs.  The MFY's hope the O's keep using Kimbrel!!

If we trade for Clay Holmes, then we'd beat them.

It will be good drama discovering how many pitching adds Elias opts for.

Grayson and Wells unseating Baumann and Akin are easy but then the arm that goes upon the acquisition of any upgrade is Webb or Cionel, or Albert Suarez becomes an easy choice if the league figures him out.

McDermott and Strowd are maybe also near equal to current Orioles bullpen pitchers as 12-13 options for a 5 game series.

Digesting the Grayson move I do have a feeling from May 15 to July 31, one or two of the Orioles top tier arms will have something.    Aside from Felix's TJ, Roster Resource has got nothing but inflammation for the current injury set.

It would not entirely shock me if Means or Irvin were dealt away similar to how Cashman did that one summer the Yankees evaluation was Jordan Montgomery wasn't strong enough for their tournament roster.

1 hour ago, TonySoprano said:

I'm  surprised they weren't tossing around ideas how Cashman could steal him for the Yankees.

The Yankees signed Coby White a Tampa DFA'd pitcher, he's got very low ERA in the minors except this year. I hope the MFY didn't get a steal

1 hour ago, TonySoprano said:

I'm  surprised they weren't tossing around ideas how Cashman could steal him for the Yankees.

It sure would suck if we had to face him in the playoffs as an opponent.   Something to consider if he ever becomes available.

2 hours ago, Bemorewins said:

I don't begrudge anyone for whatever side that you take (if you have chosen one). I just hope that the Orioles as an organization have thrown out whatever decision making matrix that led to acquiring Fujinama at last year's deadline. That was an utter and object failure. 

Our team deserves better than that type of gamble this year.

Trading Easton Lucas for Fuji was not a gamble.